Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Farrellcollie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 23, 2011
I have two apple watches and before the update -they would automatically switch from one to the other just fine. Since this update, they don't I have to turn the phone and the watch on and off to get it register the one I have switched to. This is getting to be annoying.

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
Assuming you updated to 13.1 today? I am having the same issue with 13.1, the last couple of days on iOS13 and Watch OS 6 was actually the best Auto switch had ever worked for me, now not at all until I restart.

Reactions: Farrellcollie

avkam

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2014
Assuming you updated to 13.1 today? I am having the same issue with 13.1, the last couple of days on iOS13 and Watch OS 6 was actually the best Auto switch had ever worked for me, now not at all until I restart.

This happened me. 13 was fastest ever. 13.1 I have to do it manually.

Reactions: Lobwedgephil

MattX123

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2017
Darmstadt, Germany
Same issue here with an S5 and an S4. Both are on wOS 6 and my iPhone is on iOS 13.1. Really annoying these days that most updates bring more deteriorations than improvements. It seems that Apple concentrates more on design and usability than about functionality. Im spending the last days more with writing feedback to apple than anything else. Whatfore are the beta phases? :confused:

Gp56

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2018
New York
I just got a series 5 to go along with the series 4 that I had. Autoswitch isn’t working when I try to use the 5. When I manually select the series 5 in the app it connects but will not get any notifications for anything unless I reboot the watch. When I set up up yesterday I used a back up that I had of the 4, don’t know if that matters or not. Once I reboot the 5 it works as expected. When I switched to the 4 earlier today it auto switched as expected and received notifications. Any ideas?

Phone is on 13.2.3, watches on 6.1

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.