Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mag33

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 6, 2019
I'm not a fan of Apple's battery cases, what are the best alternatives? And are they safe, not harmful to the phone?

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2016
I'm not a fan of Apple's battery cases, what are the best alternatives? And are they safe, not harmful to the phone?

If you keep the battery at 100% you’ll destroy it no matter what.

Third party cases/chargers are anyway not recommended solutions for Apple products.

mag33

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 6, 2019
Ugh, i don't like the look of Apple's cases. I guess i'll just have to deal with it.

iGeneo

macrumors demi-god
Jul 3, 2010
Ugh, i don't like the look of Apple's cases. I guess i'll just have to deal with it.
There is a reason for the look...optimized for better reception. Also, the integration with iOS is top notch. Turn the other battery case on and the phone thinks it is plugged it and kicks off the nightly backup process.

Reactions: compwiz1202

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
There is a reason for the look...optimized for better reception. Also, the integration with iOS is top notch. Turn the other battery case on and the phone thinks it is plugged it and kicks off the nightly backup process.
Yes that's one advantage that it recognizes the smart battery case as a limited source and doesn't do things it would normally do while charging. Also it uses case power before the iPhone, saving on cycles. Although, it might be nice to be able to set it to only charge the Phone to 80% to help battery health even more.

Reactions: iGeneo
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.