Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saksham vijan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2019
I use my handset as and when I need to. I put it on charge using an iPad charger daily whenever I am at my desk. Sometimes I need the charge, sometimes I do not as battery is at 60% or above, but I put it on anyways. I really don't take any extra special care for the battery at all, yet my battery health is at 99%.

Personally I think people stress about battery health way too much. A drop from 97% to 96% health will hardly be noticeable in day to day usage, unless your mind is playing tricks on you!

Ignore it. Use the phone as intended. Its still under warranty - if its gets really low in a few months, or towards the end of the warranty period, then take it in for replacement. If Apple diagnostics currently state there is no issue then its unlikely Apple will do anything about it anyways.

Stop worrying and enjoy the phone.

okay Thanks.But can you please have a look at the coconut battery screenshot.What does it say I didn't got that
[automerge]1575544350[/automerge]
Then that capacity loss is not normal. You should just use it the way you like. If there is a problem with the battery this way, most likely it will manifest within the year before your warranty expires. You could still talk to the authorised service centre for your peace of mind. See what they offer.

I do not think there is any need to remove the case, turn off WiFi and Bluetooth and cellular data even!

Also, since you mentioned automatic brightness is off, what is your usual brightness? Again, high brightness would only consume the battery faster and that means charging sooner, but it should not cause a 4% drop in capacity in two months.

when I put my iPhone on charging that's when auto brightness is off.When it is charged I turn on the auto brightness.And manually also the brightness is very less.

I have a word with Apple Support.They said everything looks ok.However they have escalated the matter to their engineering team.Lets see what they say next

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
okay Thanks.But can you please have a look at the coconut battery screenshot.What does it say I didn't got that

when I put my iPhone on charging that's when auto brightness is off.When it is charged I turn on the auto brightness.And manually also the brightness is very less.

I have a word with Apple Support.They said everything looks ok.However they have escalated the matter to their engineering team.Lets see what they say next

That's good. It is a non-issue at this point, though. You still have a year's worth of warranty on the device, and you can always buy AppleCare to safeguard for another year.

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2016
Coconut Battery says your battery health is almost 99%. And Coconut Battery is more accurate than Apple.

Also, after 4-5 hrs SOT do you have over 50% battery juice left? Or is it close to 0?

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Yes start everything new. As if, it is a New Phone that you are activating for the first time. Take a Data Back Up and do it. I am not saying it will for sure 100% rectify your problem. But you can try it.

That sounds like a restore and not a reset though. Still a valid troubleshooting step in my opinion.

saksham vijan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2019
Coconut Battery says your battery health is almost 99%. And Coconut Battery is more accurate than Apple.

Also, after 4-5 hrs SOT do you have over 50% battery juice left? Or is it close to 0?

left with 30-40% only.

jemcik

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2017
Kyiv, Ukraine
Battery cycle shows 53.
That's a lot for 2 months, really. Maybe this is the point.
I got mine 11 Pro Max on September 21, now it has about 19 cycles,
battery is 100%, coconut battery shows about 4050 mAh (factory if 3969, lol).
I believe you are a really heavy user, this capacity drop looks adequate for such a heavy usage.

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2016
That's a lot for 2 months, really. Maybe this is the point.
I got mine 11 Pro Max on September 21, now it has about 19 cycles,
battery is 100%, coconut battery shows about 4050 mAh (factory if 3969, lol).
I believe you are a really heavy user, this capacity drop looks adequate for such a heavy usage.

It doesn't. With my past iPhones my health drops to 99% around 160 cycles or so. Around 50 cycles it usually is above 102% where it originally starts with anyway.
[automerge]1575549949[/automerge]
It doesn't. With my past iPhones my health drops to 99% around 160 cycles or so. Around 50 cycles it usually is above 102% where it originally starts with anyway.

And do note, he's not getting that good battery life either. His extrapolated battery life from 100 to 0 is 7-8 hrs or so. Yours might be double of that.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
With heavy usage / 4G, that’s normal. Especially if you also have calls in addition to SOT usage.

But it’s on the lower/lowest end of normal.
[automerge]1575549142[/automerge]

It doesn’t. But it sometimes can help.

As a company who are in the public eye with people just looking for stuff to complain about I seriously doubt any battery hearsay if it’s not on their website. If it had such a positive effect as some claim, they would mention it.

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2016
As a company who are in the public eye with people just looking for stuff to complain about I seriously doubt any battery hearsay if it’s not on their website. If it had such a positive effect as some claim, they would mention it.

If done often it will kill the battery. That’s why.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
The iPhone battery health app isn't accurate. It's only a guess. And coconut battery definitely isn't accurate. There's no way any engineer has figured out a way to accurately calculate remaining battery health of a Lithium ion battery. They're all estimates.
I'd give its accuracy a +- 8%

CoronaOnTap

Suspended
Oct 24, 2019

Don’t worry about changing any settings when you plug it in. Just charge it when you need and unplug it when you’re done. Whoever said doing all that helps your battery is just messing with you. As long as you don’t discharge it completely too often you’re good.

sammy2066

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2007
Wow, my launch-day 11 Pro Max battery is already at 97%. I remember it took my iPhone X more than a year to reach 97%. My charging pattern has not changed, so not sure what's going on.

Reactions: saksham vijan

CoronaOnTap

Suspended
Oct 24, 2019
I’m using a launch day 11 Pro and use it for hours everyday. Battery health just dropped to 99% a couple days ago with 72 cycles on it.

saksham vijan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2019
Wow, my launch-day 11 Pro Max battery is already at 97%. I remember it took my iPhone X more than a year to reach 97%. My charging pattern has not changed, so not sure what's going on.
I am starting to think that iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max have some issues with battery.
It can be the case or it is just a software bug which is showing battery health degrading

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I am starting to think that iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max have some issues with battery.
It can be the case or it is just a software bug which is showing battery health degrading
There have been threads/posts before with other phones sometimes dropping down to something like 97% or 96% in a shorter period of time. Hard to say that it really means much one way or another or that it's something really tied to iPhone 11 and/or iOS 13.

saksham vijan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2019
There have been threads/posts before with other phones sometimes dropping down to something like 97% or 96% in a shorter period of time. Hard to say that it really means much one way or another or that it's something really tied to iPhone 11 and/or iOS 13.

i have heard from people that once it drops to 96 or 97%.It stay there for like months.Then it will drop.
Is that can be the case.? Have you heard about this before.?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
i have heard from people that once it drops to 96 or 97%.It stay there for like months.Then it will drop.
Is that can be the case.? Have you heard about this before.?
Certainly been mentions of that too. As been mentioned in this thread and other threads, these things are estimates and aren't linear.

CoronaOnTap

Suspended
Oct 24, 2019

If I say that my launch day 11 Pro just dropped to 99%, would that convince you otherwise?
Those things are estimates and without proper equipment you can’t really calculate the capacity accurately.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.