Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Richard8655

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2009
Chicago suburbs
Using Mac maybe weekly. Mostly to access websites that IOS doesn't accommodate well or not at all. The larger Mac display and direct printing preferred sometimes too. Also directly connecting iPad and iPhone for IOS updates. But yes, otherwise not all that much.

Last edited:

merrygoround

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2019
never for my old ipad because i jail broke it and i couldn't..don't know about how jail break industry is now.. however when i had the new mini i couldn't because my computer was too old to update the most recent itunes so i won't be able to do it on my mac, alternative maybe backin up to my pc .. however with my phone i would do it maybe once a month before it also became obsolete

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
Probably once every two weeks. I've got a huge music collection of off the wall things and it randomly cycles through it.

millydog

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2007
Australia
I connect most days. If I’m sitting at my MacBook Pro, I might as well connect my iPad or iPhone for some charge. It also creates a local backup and syncs podcasts with my Mac. This way I only have to download them once and then I can transfer them to my devices without additional downloads, although admittedly that’s less of an issue since we had an Internet speed boost a few months ago. I also transfer video to my iPad via this method as it’s faster than connecting to the server via wifi.
I also backup my children’s devices, maybe more like once per month. I also transfer their photos to their Photo libraries which I host on an external drive connected to my MacBook Pro to give them more space on their devices.

GalileoSeven

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2015
Once in a blue moon when I add some new music to my library that I must have with me.

Wireless backups to iCloud are one thing, but because I don't have my iMac/music collection with me where I'm at, using wireless vs wired to sync stuff is really a moot point.

secretk

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2018
Almost every month. Either to backup my devices or to sync some music/movies that I need for trips.

Overall though I still use my PC far more than my iPad and I don't like using cloud services. So not only I use the computer for syncing, but for a lot of other stuff (like youtube watching, browsing, posting in forums, reading, chatting, watching movies etc) and it is my most used device.

fireboy60013

Suspended
Nov 25, 2019
I have not touched my laptop since I have gotten my first generation 9.7 inch iPad Pro 2 weeks ago at all. No need to, my iPhone and iPad Pro automatically back up to iCloud. Thinking I may have to get the subscription plan for iCloud though.

Reactions: GalileoSeven

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I usually connect my phone to my Mac, exactly once a year. To transfer all of my music onto my new iPhone.

I don’t think I’ve ever connected my iPad Pro to my Mac and never my iPad mini 5.

MAXiPAD

Suspended
Dec 9, 2019
I think when I got my Air 3 to transfer huge files from iCloud Drive to my iPad locally as the internet and files app was hanging and timing out on big downloads. Other than that, never since.

Phone? Same. only to charge at work to find the laptops USB port is too weak to power it.

Reactions: GalileoSeven
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.