Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SD-B

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 1, 2009
Don't use my iPad but hubby does but i have to take care of it. He's complaining about incessant ads popping up. I did buy a year or two ago an ad block for it and all of a sudden I guess its not working..
I think it was called Ad Block (fancy that..lol)

So, need a new one.
Anyone here that can recommend one that works well but is easy to set up.
He needs something that will just work and i just don't have the time to be looking at it for him every time one does.

So best ADBLOCK please" :)

He prefers to use Google Chrome rather than Safari but is resistant to change so I am going to stick with Chrome for him rather than go with Safari.

T.I.A.

On the web I can find apps on Google for my computer that would likely work but not on an iPad . It seems much more limited?

SD-B

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 1, 2009
Kind of getting the idea that maybe jailbreaking ones ipad is the only way to get rid of these annoying ads :(

Hope i am wrong for i have been an apple user for a long time but have already migrated to android for a few reasons and dont want to hear that theres little control over iPads as well now, unless jailbroken?

I myself haven't used an iPad or iphone in about 2 years but still love my Macs............but i have never seen as many annoying ads on an ipad since the hubby showed me today what he's dealing with

Toltepeceno

Suspended
Jul 17, 2012
SMT, Edo MX, MX
There are some that work well on wifi, for everything including apps and games, like weblock which is what I use but but on 3g, 4g fugedaboudit.

Toltepeceno

Suspended
Jul 17, 2012
SMT, Edo MX, MX
Does Weblock take care of the VERY annoying Safari (and some apps) "redirects" to the app store to a certain app?

I'm sorry, I am not sure what you are referring to. It must as I am not familiar with it. It does do a good job, you add it to your wifi connection and not to the browser so it works for everything.

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
Don't use my iPad but hubby does but i have to take care of it. He's complaining about incessant ads popping up.

He prefers to use Google Chrome rather than Safari but is resistant to change so I am going to stick with Chrome for him rather than go with Safari.

I personally use the browser iCab mobile for my iPad mini retina which has a built in adblocker and works wonderfully over both WiFi / Cellular.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.