Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
I'm wondering what the best AirPrint printer is currently available on the market now that AirPrint has existed for 10 years+?

Not tied to a laser printer, though preferable from using costly ink cartridges.

Ease of use is king.

I use to own an HP-P1102W that was annoying to use. It did have its own WiFi network for wireless printing but was always unsecured unless a MacBook or iMac had done the setup first. Without a desktop or laptop, the printer could print from any random computer so I would have to unplug it considering neighbors would see a WiFi printer and print random cat photos. It had AirPrint but only worked when setup properly and considering it was an 11 year old printer, I no longer had the CD Software Driver so couldn't really do much with it. It's true appeal was that it was laser so I must have printed thousands of pages during my college career and then some.

If I had to bite the bullet and just make a random AirPrint purchase TODAY, it would probably have to be the Brother HL-L2395W, considering it's just over $100 and has laser printing alongside copying and scanning, which others in my house would appreciate since im the only one using ScannerPro on a daily basis.

I'm sure there must be some great AirPrint printers out there and if you can point me in the right direction I'd be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Super Spartan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2018
Dubai
I use an HP Ink Tank Wireless 415, it's wireless and very reliable. Ever since I bought it last year I only changed the ink once, it uses this liquid ink which lasts forever.

The quality is great for the price I paid (about $120USD) and what I like about it most is you set it up once and forget it, connects to WiFi every time and installing it on your MacBook Pro or iOS Device is a breeze.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
So I’m currently debating between:

1. Brother DCP-L2550DW

2. Brother HL-L2395DW

I’m not married to Brother and have heard Epson is the best when it comes to both AirPrint and ease of use but don’t know really where to begin that search.

Any help is appreciated.

eyet

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2019
I have an MFC-L3770CDW that works really well for AirPrint printing. Scanning to iPhone and iPad also works very well with their iPrint and Scan app.

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
I've had an HP Photosmart printer for probably 9 years that has worked flawlessly over AirPrint.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
I've had an HP Photosmart printer for probably 9 years that has worked flawlessly over AirPrint.

which HP photossmart?
[automerge]1575746011[/automerge]
I have an MFC-L3770CDW that works really well for AirPrint printing. Scanning to iPhone and iPad also works very well with their iPrint and Scan app.
Whoa. Way too expensive for my price range atm.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.