Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

g0gie

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2005
hahahahah that site is a joke! why are you even reading from there... why would anyone read that ****

callan

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2005
Leicester UK
KittenKrusher said:
Is this guy a moron?

For one, what printer now-a-days doesn't use USB. And the Windows XP part... I won't even go there.

Lmao, it's called DVI.

I could go on and on.

I think you missed the point!

vashim66

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2003
Is this article for real? Whoever wrote it is a moron if it is. Took him 15 minutes just to tell if the computer was on and complained that he couldn't install his windows version of office 2003 on it.

I'm guessing it's a joke article since the guy was complaining that "Disk Defragmenter, Scandisk, Norton AV, Windows Update and Ad-Aware" aren't yet available for mac. Har har.

GorillaPaws

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
That was perhaps THE funniest review I've ever read. I'm still trying to decide if it was written as a joke or if this dude is truly that stupid (like the famous tech-call about using your cd drive as a cupholder). I can honestly say that I'm completely and utterly perplexed. Well he is a DeVry graduate, so that must mean something.... er.... maybe not. Is he just flamebaiting? Being silly? High on drugs?

Diatribe

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 8, 2004
Back in the motherland

plinden

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
You know, this is a funny satirical review, but some of the comments could have been lifted from the more clueless CNET user comments: http://reviews.cnet.com/Apple_Mac_M...31256881.html?tag=srtrtng&ord=ratingValue+asc

This thing is terrible. The only good thing about it is that it is small. The harddrive comes from a notebook? What about the 5400 or 7200 rpm desktop drives? 256Mb of memory? That doesn't even cut it for basic tasks nowadays. And what is with not including a mouse and keyboard? Most companies give those things away. The worst thing of all, this is a full 1Ghz below a small PC. And I'm still paying $500? No way!
Pros: Big Deal it's a Mac.

Cons: Why would anybody buy this ?? Just for some pretty icons ?? You usually get what you pay for , but not with this BONE They threw at us !!
Pros: Anyone who likes the Mac will have to like this one just to avoid expressing dislike for Anything Apple.

Cons: If you add the cost of the over-priced Apple peripherals - which you can't run the box without - IT'S NOT JUST $500 IS IT? Since you can STILL build a PC with a fraction of this - monitor included - the Mini Mac is oh, TEN YEARS TOO LATE for Apple to make the slightest dent with anyone who's not already a Mac user.
Pros: Compact, portable, cute, useless. WAKE UP PEOPLE, COMMON SENSE TELLS YOU THAT THIS PAPERWEIGHT is more useless than a Gamecube. Let's just say that 3rd wold countries would be insulted to even have this as a gift.

Cons:people are paying just for the name. 1.25 GHZ, 256 mb ram, no DVD recorder- a godsend.....5-7 years ago. System will probably will struggle to install and play diablo2....lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.