Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
Guys, I’m going to give my daughter my old iPhone. She’s too young for an email address. What’s the best way to set it up for her so that she has her own iTunes account where she can manage her music etc? Can I share my email address and iTunes account on her user profile on Mac OS?

jetsam

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2015
Guys, I’m going to give my daughter my old iPhone. She’s too young for an email address. What’s the best way to set it up for her so that she has her own iTunes account where she can manage her music etc? Can I share my email address and iTunes account on her user profile on Mac OS?

You can set up your daughter's own iTunes account using Family Sharing from your iiTunes account.

"Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child"

Reactions: scouser75

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
You can set up your daughter's own iTunes account using Family Sharing from your iiTunes account.

"Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child"
Thank you. Will she also have access to my iTunes library?

If Possible I’d also like my wife to have access to my library and me to hers.Is this possible via family sharing?

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
Reactions: Apple_Robert

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
Guys, I've finally started to sort this out for the girl. A quick question before I go ahead - if I create an Apple ID for her, once she is old enough to have a proper email address, will her Apple ID become an email address? Or will she lose it after a certain age?

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
Guys, thread revival.

Today I tried to locate my daughter's location via Find My but location couldn't be found. She has a child account and is setup accordingly on my phone.

Do I need to do something on her phone to enable me to see her location? I don't want anyone other than me or her mum to see her location.

alphasports

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2019
On her phone (in iOS 13 anyway) go to Settings then select the top module (with your/her name/Apple ID/iCloud etc), next page 2nd section "Find My", make sure Find My Iphone is on, and optionally Share My Location. You have to proactively Share your location with a specific contact to grant Find access so as far as I know it's pretty secure.

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
On her phone (in iOS 13 anyway) go to Settings then select the top module (with your/her name/Apple ID/iCloud etc), next page 2nd section "Find My", make sure Find My Iphone is on, and optionally Share My Location. You have to proactively Share your location with a specific contact to grant Find access so as far as I know it's pretty secure.
Thank you. I'm sure I did turn on these options,but will double check tonight.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.