Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
WinterMute said:
Looks good, I've just got Azureus working, let me know if this is a better option.
heh, I won't be using it, I don't use BT on my Mac, I have Azureus running 24/7 on a PC that's always on downstairs ;) :D

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
That's a good move, I don't like leaviing the PowerBook on 24/7. I've been thinking about picking up a Mac Mini as an A/V server for the house, and I could stick BT on that and let it get on with it... :D

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
Well that look's good and since it is 100% native it might even work well :p

bigandy

macrumors G3
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
edesignuk said:
heh, I won't be using it, I don't use BT on my Mac, I have Azureus running 24/7 on a PC that's always on downstairs ;) :D

you can get a pc to stay on 24/7? without crashing? :eek: :eek: :eek:

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
bigandy said:
you can get a pc to stay on 24/7? without crashing? :eek: :eek: :eek:
Indeed, and a fairly naff one at that. Home build 1.4GHz Athlon (original), Server 2003 Enterprise. Haven't rebooted it in a LONG time, and it's a local DNS/DHCP/Print/File/Active Directory server :eek:

~loserman~

macrumors 6502a
edesignuk said:
Indeed, and a fairly naff one at that. Home build 1.4GHz Athlon (original), Server 2003 Enterprise. Haven't rebooted it in a LONG time, and it's a local DNS/DHCP/Print/File/Active Directory server :eek:

I don't understand why Mac folks don't think recent copies of Windows aren't stable.
Maybe it's the same reason PC guys think Macs are still running OS 8

Mav451

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2003
Maryland
~loserman~ said:
I don't understand why Mac folks don't think recent copies of Windows aren't stable.
Maybe it's the same reason PC guys think Macs are still running OS 8

Nah, people know its not on OS8. They know its pretty as hell though. I was using an Panther/Tiger visual style, and my friend came over as said: "Wow, you're using an Apple?" (even though I have my case, with a clear window, on my desk).

..."Are you stupid?"

(this is the same friend who wondered if he needed a Firewire card for his PC to connect to his 4th gen iPod. He also wanted me to help install it for him.)

hob

macrumors 68010
Oct 4, 2003
London, UK
edesign... Have I Told You Lately That I Love You?! :D

You got me a BitTorrent client that WORKS :D:D:D:D:D:D

My uni firewall was always blocking other clients, but this one works - albeit a little slow (still can't upload)... It's great!!

Cheers!

Balin64

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
In a Mauve Dream
Thanks for suggesting Bits on Wheels!

It's been a good experience so far. I am new to BT clients and it worked like a gem (wink). However, I cannot upload. I want to contribute so I will not be labeled a leecher and "banned." I think it's an issue with the Wireless Actiontec router provided by my DSL provider. However, it took me so damn long to get the thing working properly with my 3 Macs and the AirPort Express that I do not want to enter 192.168.0.1 into Safari EVER again. So I can't get the upload ports to work. Oh well. There is only one thing I need BT for, and I only need it once a week. Hopefully the tracker site will not tell me to sod off when I show up next week... have I said too much?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.