Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I just tried to visit Costco.com. The website is hammered with a message posted on it, We’re busy today. That’s an understatement as you can’t get into the site and accomplish anything. ?

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
I’m joining the boycott BF/CM movement I read about earlier today.
I don’t need anything.

I don't really need anything, either.

But I enjoy buying gifts for my family. The only thing better than that is paying less for those gifts than I might otherwise pay.

Did my black Friday shopping online today. Successfully, too!

Reactions: Huntn

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I did a lot of online shopping today for family Christmas, as well as a few items for myself. I am disappointed that I didn’t get the Apple Watch 3 from Walmart earlier for $129, as my niece would have loved it for Christmas.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
We were heading out to dinner so stopped at a brick and mortar Costco and it was busy, but not too crazy. I picked up a Ring Floodlight and camera for the driveway.

I mentioned in another thread that if I had waited until today, I could have saved $20 on UHD BluRay player. :confused:

Reactions: a2jack

a2jack

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2013
Bought a headphone amp today. No discount.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-29 at 9.33.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-29 at 9.33.07 PM.png
    385.5 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
Signed up the for the online Nature Journaling and Drawing class at Cornell University's bird lab on Thursday and received a good discount. Once I get a refund from Amazon, I'll buy the supplies and start the class.

Two digital movies for mom.

I am good.

jtara

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2009
I could care less, with one exception...

This is the time to renew your app subscriptions! So many apps and renewals are at discounts of 20-50%!

I just realized this by accident, as I had an SSD fail on my 2012 Mac Mini. I wanted to do a "clean install" of Catalina anyway, as I've never done so since 2012!

So, been re-installing apps, and in the process noticing the deep discounts. (As I visit sites to deal with installation quirks, get in-app notices about the discounts, etc.)

Makes sense, since the last thing many of us are thinking of right now are subscription renewals, and it's got to be a lean period for many apps of a professional or utility nature.

JagdTiger

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2017
I’m joining the boycott BF/CM movement I read about earlier today.
I don’t need anything.
Don’t wanna be one of those people which go to the stores or mall to watch all the idiots stampede each other for a low cost imported not very expensive television set?
[automerge]1575133945[/automerge]
I don't really need anything, either.

But I enjoy buying gifts for my family. The only thing better than that is paying less for those gifts than I might otherwise pay.

Did my black Friday shopping online today. Successfully, too!
They raise the price than lower it for the after thanksgiving sale, this actually shows that stores can sell the item for that same price the whole year.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Don’t wanna be one of those people which go to the stores or mall to watch all the idiots stampede each other for a low cost imported not very expensive television set?
[automerge]1575133945[/automerge]

They raise the price than lower it for the after thanksgiving sale, this actually shows that stores can sell the item for that same price the whole year.
My idea of a good time is probably the exact opposite of that. Somewhere out in the sticks with no people around and a camera in my hand is more my thing.

Reactions: JagdTiger

jtara

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2009

Yea, people still fall for this gambit.

I missed the semi-annual Grocery Outlet 20% off Wine Sale, one of which typically comes a couple weeks before Thanksgiving.

No worry, since the prices came down dramatically after the sale...

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away

Don't be such a cynic. I had the item (a Keurig coffee brewer for my father-in-law) in my saved list for a few weeks and let the Honey browser extension monitor the price for me. After weeks at $79.99, it came down to $44.99. Score!

JagdTiger

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2017
Don't be such a cynic. I had the item (a Keurig coffee brewer for my father-in-law) in my saved list for a few weeks and let the Honey browser extension monitor the price for me. After weeks at $79.99, it came down to $44.99. Score!
Yes but Keurig could have sold it for that price the whole year.

millerj123

macrumors 68030
Mar 6, 2008
I had about $70 in BestBuy certificates, and combined with their extended Black Friday sale, I got a bunch of stocking stuffers. And, blew another $100. Still, this was all stuff on my families lists.

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
I look a very little bit and I did not find anything really interesting.

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Oct 31, 2010
This BF was pretty lame, like last years. Though there were some insane TV deals that I wish I waited for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.