Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

auxbuss

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 18, 2014
UK
I use Books a lot. About a week ago, the app started asking for a sign-in to Apple Books. In the past, I think it refreshed the sign-in every month or so. Years of use with no problem. Now, after typing the password, the dialog reappears... endlessly. I know the password is correct, because when I type it incorrectly, I get an error message in red. This is happening on both my MacBooks, and it started simultaneously.

I don't have the issue on my iPhone or iPad, and sync'ing still works in its usual janky way.

I presume this is related to the general mess that Apple have made with iCloud recently.

Does anyone have a suggestion about how to fix this? It's not the end of the world. Just a bit crap, really.

filmak

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2012
between earth and heaven
I use Books a lot. About a week ago, the app started asking for a sign-in to Apple Books. In the past, I think it refreshed the sign-in every month or so. Years of use with no problem. Now, after typing the password, the dialog reappears... endlessly. I know the password is correct, because when I type it incorrectly, I get an error message in red. This is happening on both my MacBooks, and it started simultaneously.

I don't have the issue on my iPhone or iPad, and sync'ing still works in its usual janky way.

I presume this is related to the general mess that Apple have made with iCloud recently.

Does anyone have a suggestion about how to fix this? It's not the end of the world. Just a bit crap, really.
Not a suggestion but I have the same issue with endless sign-in..., so, you 're not alone.

Reactions: arefbe

aflito

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2019

same issue here, a quick google search shows dozens with the same problem

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.