Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Those with iPad Pro’s which do you prefer? Some say the brydge keyboards don’t type as well as the Logitech...whats your experience?

logitech it seems are 50-60 pounds less....

i have the slim folio and must admit the keys are great on this thing but the brydge does seem to have the same features such as backlit, play/stop keys. Locking the ipad e.t.c

Beards

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2014
Derbyshire UK
Had a previous Brydge for my iPad Pro 1st gen. It was great at first but the hinge lost it’s ability to stay upright. Granted it’s been updated but I do love my Logitech Slim Folio Pro on my iPad Pro 12.9 3rd gen.

1. It is lighter than the Brydge.
2. I love the ability to keep the Pencil attached AND protected.
3. There’s more protection on the Logitech than the Brydge.

Yes, the Brydge does look great in that it mimics the MacBook but I’m waiting for the new Brydge with built in Trackpad before going back to Brydge.

Reactions: Hallstar

ejin222

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
I had the Logitech Slim Folio on my 2nd gen 12.9. I needed a detachable keyboard and I absolutely loved it. Had Logitech followed the same design pattern for the 3rd gen 12.9, I would've bought it in an instant, but they obviously didn't.

I purchased the Brydge for my 3rd gen and I like it better than the Logitech's 3rd gen for the following reasons:

1) It's detachable
2) They give you a magnetic back cover which lets you stick it to metal stands (which I use)
3) More viewing angles
4) Quality is top notch

In terms of typing, I would say that my 2nd gen Logitech was better out of the box, but over time, the typing experience on the Brydge has caught up. Yes, the Brydge is heavier than the Logitech but the weight never bothered me at all.

millydog

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2007
Australia
I think that there was a typing issue with previous versions of the Brydge keyboard. I have the latest one for my iPad Pro 12.9” 2018 and it works very well for me.
My hinge is also very solid and it holds the iPad and any angle.
My only problem is the weight. I use the Brydge at home, but usually take my iPad with just the Apple folio cover when going out and about since a keyboard isn’t always a requirement for me. While I like the Brydge and it works solidly for me, I might consider getting just the Apple keyboard cover after my next iPad upgrade, just for the lighter weight and quicker attachment of the keyboard.

Reactions: JayMysterio

anthover

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2010
Brydge keyboards are the only “real” stable lap capable options for Ipads (not counting magic ipad keyboard for 2018/2020 Ipad Pros). They work great. Type well. I only have a 10.2 so no touch pad option. Personally was not willing to try plastic case hinge ones available from Amazon.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.