Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moabal

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
Hi,

I just purchased a 75 Inch Samsung Q90R. I have it paired with an Apple TV 4K and a HW Q70 Soundbar.

Everything is great. However, I am not sure if my sound is properly calibrated or my mind is playing tricks on me.

I did the Apple TV calibration and I know that in the Samsung setting you can delay sound.

Which is the best way to calibrate? I am not sure if either setting is really doing anything. Also, what is the best way to test if everything is in good order?

Thanks

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
do you feel like you're watching a kung fu movie, even when you're not watching a kung fu movie?
(lips on screen in sync with words coming out of the speakers)

if no, then your set is adjusted ok

There are some test videos that beep or click in time with a spinning circle or similar
search netflix for "test patterns"

moabal

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
do you feel like you're watching a kung fu movie, even when you're not watching a kung fu movie?
(lips on screen in sync with words coming out of the speakers)

if no, then your set is adjusted ok

There are some test videos that beep or click in time with a spinning circle or similar
search netflix for "test patterns"

I know those test videos. The issue is the only want to see for sure if its accurate if you slow it down. The ATV YouTube app does not allow for this. If you try to mirror from iPhone/iPad it doesn’t work either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.