Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Camera M

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2018
USA
We are proud to present Camera-M 1.3 update with Depth support.

camera-m-ios-iphone-ipad.png

Discover the insanely great potential of your iPhone's and iPad's cameras. And start taking truly amazing photos with manual controls that make perfect sense.

Why Camera-M?
– Focus Tracking powered by the Machine Learning framework*
– Depth Photo mode with f/1.0 aperture simulation*
– Dual Photo mode with simultaneous wide-angle and telephoto lens shots*
– 4X Magnifier with Focus Peaking
– Live RGB and RGB Luminance histograms
– Manual Gray Card mode for a precise White Balance point
– Complete Exif metadata support
– Proper RAW files management and export*
– Golden Hour widget with sunrise/sunset and sun position indicators
– Fully optimized for iPhone X and the Super Retina Display

* Feature available on supported devices only

App Store Link: Camera-M

We are looking forward to hear this forum board's feedback on our work.

Last edited:

trikotret

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2015
Just bought it. One suggestion is to have an easy selfie button instead of going through the list. It'll be easy to access to it

Reactions: Camera M

Illumiiinati

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2015
One of the best Camera App ever, clean UI. One suggestion portrait mode can be little more better in my opinion.

Reactions: Camera M

Camera M

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2018
USA
Version 1.3.3 Update:
  • Minimized compression option for higher quality HEIF/JPEG - By popular demand, ability to increase the quality of HIEF/JPEG by reducing the compression to minimum. File sizes may increase significantly.
  • Option to not save a high quality JPEG with RAW - Again by popular demand, this fixes the issue of certain RAW editors not being able to open a RAW file with high resolution JPEG embedded in it.
App Store Link: Camera-M

ataq

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2006
Hi,

bought the app. Great UX and UI. But somehow it feels slow to change specific settings, because of to many taps and confirmations. Other than that, keep up the good work.

I have the feeling that my RAW setting gets reset when I change settings.

Camera M

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2018
USA
Camera-M 1.4 Update

Camera-M-iOS.png

We are delighted to announce Version 1.4 update:

DEPTH MODE FOR SELFIES ON iPHONE X

• Camera-M now supports the use of TrueDepth camera on your iPhone X for great looking selfies
  • Easily accessible as a shooting mode in Quick Settings on your iPhone X
EXPANDED IMPLEMENTATION OF 3D TOUCH
  • Switching camera and flash modes can now be optionally done through a convenient 3D Touch menu on compatible devices
  • Control Center also gains 3D Touch shortcuts for Focus, Exposure and White Balance on compatible devices
ADJUSTABLE TORCH BRIGHTNESS
  • Devices equipped with a rear flash, now offer additional control for setting up your shots, by letting you quickly adjust the intensity of the torch
Get Camera-M: http://apple.co/CameraM

Camera M

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2018
USA
Camera-M 1.5 Update

HIGHLIGHT AND SHADOW ALERTS

Camera-M now supports live preview of over and under exposed areas. Clipped highlights are shown with a red overlay, while clipped shadows are marked in blue.

This instant visual reference provides an additional insight into setting up properly exposed shots. We think you will find this new feature to be incredibly powerful and practical, and a worthy addition to the already included exposure tools, such as the exposure offset gauge and live histograms.

Camera M

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2018
USA
Camera-M 1.5.1 Update

RAW Optical Image Stabilization (OIS)

For processed image formats, such as JPEG, HEIF, TIFF, or PNG, Still Image Stabilization is available by default. This is a hybrid of Optical Image Stabilization and fusing multiple images together. For RAW captures, this is disabled by default. We are delighted to announce that Camera-M 1.5.1 has enabled Optical Image Stabilization for RAW captures! Now your RAW images will be even sharper!

Get Camera-M: http://apple.co/CameraM

Reactions: Illumiiinati

iRaynor SK

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2014
Banská Bystrica, Slovak Republic
Hello,

How to shoot with Camera-M while I have exposition and ISO both set to minimum, with flash? Flash does not work while ISO and exposition are at minimum values. I need it to make effect - photos of peoples or trees with black background. Thanks.

Camera M

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2018
USA
Hello,

How to shoot with Camera-M while I have exposition and ISO both set to minimum, with flash? Flash does not work while ISO and exposition are at minimum values. I need it to make effect - photos of peoples or trees with black background. Thanks.

Unfortunately, if you do 'Custom Exposure', flash is disabled by default. Custom exposure means, you are explicitly setting a locked ISO and an exposure duration. If the app lets you keep flash on for custom exposure, the system will quickly default to auto exposure before taking the shot, neglecting your settings.

Camera M

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2018
USA
Camera-M 1.5.2 Update

Deep Press (3D Touch) Gesture for Shutter Button

Camera-M's latest addition is Deep Press (3D Touch) gesture on Shutter button to quickly add a 2 second timer. This comes in very handy when trying to capture a steady shot, eliminating shake. This gesture also stops focus tracking.

Lismange

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2018
Hello this function in the today widget is missing.

where is the sun position in my region than compass view in the widget + additional function also as gps position view (optional)

Camera M

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2018
USA
Lismange,

Sunrise/Sunset/Golden Hour times are calculated using your current location taken from GPS and calculated on device. Location of the sun is an estimation to give you an idea of shadows. Additional features are planned for feature updates.

Camera-M-sunrise-sunset-goldenhour.png

Camera M

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2018
USA
Camera-M v2.0
  • Fully optimized for iOS 12
  • Even faster and more responsive
  • Fully optimized for new iPhone XS and XS Max
  • Portrait Matte Effect for incredible depth blur accuracy for portraits
  • Tweaked user interface
will be available soon!

Reactions: trikotret

Lismange

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2018
I see that version 2.0 is available. But does the new version 2.0 also use Neural Engine from iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max?

Beards

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2014
Derbyshire UK
How's this app compared to Camera+ 2, Halide, etc? I'm not sure which one to get.

I’m in a toss between them myself.
Granted, money is not the issue but usage is.
Which one will serve me best that’s my issue.

If I can’t make my mind up I’ll just carry on using the default camera app until something gives me a lightbulb moment!

Reactions: Oldmanmac
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.