Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jona2125

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
Sometimes (about 2-3 times every couple weeks) the camera is stuck upside down and the only fix is to do a restore. Anyone else have this issue?

To help define what I mean, this is on an iPhone X, the 1x/2x will be upside down, everything else will be proper and every picture I take is upside down from my orientation when it saves.

jona2125

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
unlock your screen orientation and make sure everything is aligned properly, then re-lock.

That's not the issue, I don't use orientation-lock, it freely rotates around regardless of that setting by design btw, just stays upside down no matter portrait or landscape. Like I said it goes deeper than that as I have to restore the phone to fix it majority of the time. Sometimes restarting works.

lynchdavidh

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2018
New York
I run into this problem a few times a week too because I take lots of pictures with my iPhone. I usually just end up editing the photo and rotating it as necessary.

kbuck1984

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2010
I run into this problem a few times a week too because I take lots of pictures with my iPhone. I usually just end up editing the photo and rotating it as necessary.

I also have the same issue. I just rotate the pictures afterwards.

modemmex

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2017
NYC
I also have the same issue. I just rotate the pictures afterwards.

How do I rotate the images using the iPhone itself? I have to capture the photos with the iPhone in a certain direction (bc I’m shooting tiny objects) and when I go to upload one of these images (using my
iPhone) to say Facebook, the image is upside down. I’ve tried many things but they are upside down no matter what.

pdv95

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2019
Sometimes (about 2-3 times every couple weeks) the camera is stuck upside down and the only fix is to do a restore. Anyone else have this issue?

To help define what I mean, this is on an iPhone X, the 1x/2x will be upside down, everything else will be proper and every picture I take is upside down from my orientation when it saves.

I just had this happen on my iPhone X (iOS 12.1). I tried restarting the phone and turning orientation lock on/off but no luck. I also found that there were problems with watching YouTube videos. They would only play horizontally in one direction (I couldn't flip the phone to flip the video. Had to use the fill screen button.)

For me it kind of solved itself after about a day or two. Super weird. I recorded a video that still is upside down.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.