Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
Hi guys, had this issue over the last two weeks where the emails bounce back from Apple’s phishing address as undelivered. I’ve double-checked the email address I’m sending to is definitely: reportphishing@apple.com

Is there something obvious I’m missing? Anybody had this problem before? I’ve forwarded a lot of spam in my time but I’d have thought all addresses would be kept whitelisted otherwise it sort of defeats the purpose...

Cheers!

1EDA1422-9AFD-4314-9A66-5184D6FB6DFE.jpeg

ApfelKuchen

macrumors 601
Aug 28, 2012
Between the coasts
The server blocking your message is not Apple's, it's Outlook's - mail.protection.outlook.com. Presuming you're using an Outlook/Hotmail/MSN email account, it's being bounced by your own mail provider.

I guess that can happen if you're forwarding a phishing message, as the server will detect the phishing attempt in the body of your email.

If it's available in your Mail app, use your mail app's "forward as attachment" feature and see what happens. (Mail for iOS does not have this feature, but Mail for Mac does.)

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
The server blocking your message is not Apple's, it's Outlook's - mail.protection.outlook.com. Presuming you're using an Outlook/Hotmail/MSN email account, it's being bounced by your own mail provider.

I guess that can happen if you're forwarding a phishing message, as the server will detect the phishing attempt in the body of your email.

If it's available in your Mail app, use your mail app's "forward as attachment" feature and see what happens. (Mail for iOS does not have this feature, but Mail for Mac does.)

Amazing pal, thanks so much!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.