Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wdc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2017
My iPad with 5.1.1 suddenly stopped working. I wonder if Apple did something to cause the problem.
Thanks...wdc

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
My iPad with 5.1.1 suddenly stopped working. I wonder if Apple did something to cause the problem.
Thanks...wdc
What does this have to do with Yahoo! Mail? And what exactly stopped working?

wdc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2017
C DM: Thanks for responding. My query was badly stated. This is my situation.

I have several devices (a PC, a mini iPad with a modern iOS, and this older iPad with iOS version 5.1.1) all sending and receiving Yahoo emails on a common account (common user id and password). In late October the older iPad stopped receiving and sending email messages --- while continuing to work fine in displaying URLs from the internet, downloading , etc.

I was/am asking whether anyone can tell me whether Yahoo (not Apple, as I mistakenly posted) has made some change that now disallows use of Yahoo Mail by iPads with the dated iOS.

If others with older iOS <can still> use Yahoo mail then I will look for other causes of my problem. ---wdc

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
C DM: Thanks for responding. My query was badly stated. This is my situation.

I have several devices (a PC, a mini iPad with a modern iOS, and this older iPad with iOS version 5.1.1) all sending and receiving Yahoo emails on a common account (common user id and password). In late October the older iPad stopped receiving and sending email messages --- while continuing to work fine in displaying URLs from the internet, downloading , etc.

I was/am asking whether anyone can tell me whether Yahoo (not Apple, as I mistakenly posted) has made some change that now disallows use of Yahoo Mail by iPads with the dated iOS.

If others with older iOS <can still> use Yahoo mail then I will look for other causes of my problem. ---wdc
Have you tried removing the Yahoo! account and adding it again on that device to see if that might work?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.