Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kal-037

macrumors 68020
Original poster
I know Apple got rid of this feature a bit ago. But is there a way for anyone to have the Appletv auto play the next episode of a show?
Essentially the same as Netflix, Hulu, or Vudu do. I want to stream my tv shows and not have it take me back to the episode selection page and have to play each episode separately.
Any help is appreciated.

K.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Apple got rid off?! Really?! We implemented this for a client literally last year. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
I'm unsure what you're asking. It sounds like you're asking about a use case and not programming to me. If it's done with Netflix and Hulu, you can obviously still program apps to do it. A very inefficient way of doing so, but one that at least would work, is getting the timecode from AVPlayer and comparing it to the length of whatever's playing, and starting the next clip when they're the same. Though there probably is a callback for when AVPlayer finishes playing whatever it's doing

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
No I am only wanting to watch a tv series I bought on iTunes and have it autoplay the next episode instead of after the episode it goes back to the menu and I have to select the next episode. Sorry if I was confusing.

I think you'll get more helpful responses if you move your question to a more appropriate forum. You are currently in the Apple TV programming forum, which is programming as in software development. This sub-forum isn't as active as some of the more user-facing forums so you'll get slower responses and people might filter out your query as not relevant to the domain it's asked in. Wish I could help you but I don't even own an Apple TV newer than 3rd gen before tvOS :).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.