Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sfphoto

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2010
Can no longer use Google Voice iOS app with one particular GV account.

I can access the account with a computer and the Google Hangouts app works fine with such account.

I can sign in/out with other GV accounts with the app so the GV app is working fine.
Have tried on different iDevices running different iOS and different GV versions.

Have NOT changed any account setting - just stopped working yesterday.

Posted this to the Google forum as well but hoping someone here might have encountered the same issue.

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
Only one at a time can be active on your phone. Can you clarify what "can no longer use" means?

sfphoto

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2010
Have three iPhones, three GV accounts/numbers - just one account stopped working with the GV app (can no longer sign in to such account). Still have computer access with the account. I can sign in even in Incognito mode on a Mac w/ Chrome. Can also sign in to the Google Hangouts app on the phone, just not the GV app.

Last edited:

sfphoto

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2010
So I found that Google disabled the app. Users must download a new different app that only works with iOS11 and newer.
Appears that Hangouts can be used for the same purpose, if set up properly.
Until June 2020 when Hangouts support ends.

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
What app were you using? A third party GV app?

So I found that Google disabled the app. Users must download a new different app that only works with iOS11 and newer.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Hangouts support is going to end in half a year?

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Funny, in this case, how you might have to pay Apple (buy a new phone) to get a Google product to work.

Although, I still don't understand why there's one particular account that doesn't work when the others do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.