Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rcorai

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 18, 2011
Argentina
Hi!

I have a situation with an old Macbook Air 2gb RAM and 128gb SDD. It's running with OS X Yosemite but it doesn't have Keynote installed. When I tried to install it I couldn't because the App Store asks me to upgrade to OS X 10.13 High Sierra, which is not available on the App Store.

So, how can I view Keynote files on that Macbook Air?

jpn

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2003
correct. High Sierra is no longer available for download.
how old is yr mac? it won't run Mojave?

if you have an iPhone or other device you should be able to install Keynote on yr iOS device and open/view/work with this Keynote file.

depending on how old yr Keynote file is and what version of Keynote was used to create it, it is likely that if/when you open it you will get a notice to allow the file to be updated to the newer format that Keynote has shifted to and by doing this that file would no longer be able to be opened by older format Keynote.

vista980622

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2012
Hi!

I have a situation with an old Macbook Air 2gb RAM and 128gb SDD. It's running with OS X Yosemite but it doesn't have Keynote installed. When I tried to install it I couldn't because the App Store asks me to upgrade to OS X 10.13 High Sierra, which is not available on the App Store.

So, how can I view Keynote files on that Macbook Air?

macOS High Sierra is available on the Mac App Store via the following link:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/macos-high-sierra/id1246284741?ls=1&mt=12

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.