Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itai

macrumors member
Original poster
May 17, 2011
NYC
Hello. I am trying to log out from iCloud on Mac OS (from Settings ==> iCloud) and getting the following error: Your iCloud account couldn’t be removed at this time.Sign out of iCloud is not allowed by Parental Controls.

I have never set up any parental controls (dont have kids yet ) so not sure how to handle that. There doesnt seem to be any relevant info online about this issue. Appreciate any help or guidance.

Not sure if it's related, but I am on Yosemite. I believe it was there beforehand.

Cheers.

Jwalsh98

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2014
I got the public beta and I'm having the same issue.

*EDIT*
Found a solution:
Create another admin account
Log on to said admin account
Go into users
Select your account
Uncheck parental controls box

Afterwards you can delete the extra account you made if you so choose.

However now I just can't log out period. It freezes after I select sign out. Apple sure doesn't want you signing out of iCloud...

Last edited:

Captain.Pilot

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2015
Hello. I am trying to log out from iCloud on Mac OS (from Settings ==> iCloud) and getting the following error: Your iCloud account couldn’t be removed at this time.Sign out of iCloud is not allowed by Parental Controls.

I have never set up any parental controls (dont have kids yet ) so not sure how to handle that. There doesnt seem to be any relevant info online about this issue. Appreciate any help or guidance.

Not sure if it's related, but I am on Yosemite. I believe it was there beforehand.

Cheers.

I found this *ucking problem.. I was trying everything that i can do and at this time I fix it myself.. Let me explain..

Go to the settings and Users & Groups then right click your user account and advanced options..
In there you will see the aliases.. There's a mail address that witch one you want to log off from your icloud.. Just erase it and click ok.. Thats it..

Good luck guys..

nateheng

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2018
I'm using Mojave. I can't logout of my icloud so I'm trying to use this method but without success. I can't delete the email and add a new address at all. It will appear to accept the change but then go back to the email address that I can't log out off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.