Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Project Alice

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Post Falls, ID
Hi all, I've just got a 24" 2009 iMac. I just finished installing High Sierra with @dosdude1 's patch. Everything went smoothly except I cannot change any of the keyboard and mouse settings. I get "You can’t open Mouse preferences pane because it doesn’t work on an Intel-based Mac.".
I have never seen this before in my life. I have HS installed on two other unsupported Macs and neither of them do this.

I've repaired permissions, and ran disk first aid. Neither fixed it. I only need to go into settings to change the scrolling direction.. I HATE the backwards scrolling that is default...

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    24.5 KB · Views: 163
  • Untitled1.png
    Untitled1.png
    104 KB · Views: 152

dosdude1

macrumors 68030
Feb 16, 2012
Hi all, I've just got a 24" 2009 iMac. I just finished installing High Sierra with @dosdude1 's patch. Everything went smoothly except I cannot change any of the keyboard and mouse settings. I get "You can’t open Mouse preferences pane because it doesn’t work on an Intel-based Mac.".
I have never seen this before in my life. I have HS installed on two other unsupported Macs and neither of them do this.

I've repaired permissions, and ran disk first aid. Neither fixed it. I only need to go into settings to change the scrolling direction.. I HATE the backwards scrolling that is default...
It has to do with the Night Shift Patch, which apparently needs to be updated for compatibility with the latest security update. I'll have this out via Patch Updater soon.

Reactions: jbarley

Project Alice

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Post Falls, ID
It has to do with the Night Shift Patch, which apparently needs to be updated for compatibility with the latest security update. I'll have this out via Patch Updater soon.

I actually saw that after digging through the other thread. Now that I know it's not a big deal I won't worry about it until you update it. I'll just mark this resolved.

I appreciate the work you keep putting into these patches in the first place

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.