Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

badlydrawnboy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 20, 2003
I downloaded a few episodes of a TV show in the Apple TV app on my Macbook Pro prior to a flight. I even started to play each episode, because in the past, I've had issues with downloaded content not playing on flights when I don't have internet.

Same thing happened again. Got on the flight, tried to play the episodes. Only one started and played. With the other two, I just saw the player come up with a black screen and the play triangle at the bottom, but the episode didn't start.

Any ideas?

SVTmaniac

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2013
Make sure when you're on the flight to turn off wifi. I had this happen with my Disney+ app two days ago. I download some movies and when I tried to play them it told me I didn't have an internet connection. What was happening was my WiFi was turned on and connected to the aircraft and it was looking for an internet connection that it didn't have. Once I turned off the WiFi it worked great.

Reactions: Hawaiian Starman

badlydrawnboy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 20, 2003
Ah, thanks. I can't recall if Wifi was turned on or off, but I'll make sure to check that next time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.