Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac Hammer Fan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
Any recommendations to this application? Is it worth the price? For 99 dollars instead of 249? Is there anyone who has experience with this application?

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
I've never heard of a shareware app called Canvas. Long ago (decades) there was a commercial drawing app named Canvas, but I don't know if it's the same thing.

I would suggest you check out Affinity Designer in the Mac App Store for $49. It's highly regarded, very powerful, and full featured.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/affinity-designer/

dwig

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2015
Key West FL
I've never heard of a shareware app called Canvas. ...

Canvas Draw 5 is NOT a Shareware app and never was. It is a decendent of the Canvas line going back to the late 1980s.

It seems that Canvas as moved through a range of markets and owners. Draw 5 is a Mac only product. Their Windows variants are a bit different and are CAD orientated rather than illustration orientated. I haven't used any variant of Canvas in 20 years so I can't speak to Draw 5's suitability as an Adobe Illustrator substitute. BTW, it is currently $199 for the perpetual license and not $99. They have a free trial, so the OP should consider downloading it and giving it a go.

Mac Hammer Fan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
I received an offer from their website by mail with a 60%-70% price reduction until 24 may.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.