Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vols

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2013
I’ll be trading in my 6S within the next few days. I’ve always carried it with a Lifeproof Frē case since day one. I see 11 Pro is somewhat waterproof and tough when dropped.

Do I need something as extreme as a Frē case for the 11 Pro? My 6S is near mint and would like to keep the 11 pro in similar condition years down the road. If so, what do you recommend or are currently sporting?

Reactions: kmminx

Tdosthp

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2015
Totally up to you and how hard you are on your phones; also how often you expose it to moisture. Probably better options for simple protection from scratches and drops.

Having recently purchased the FRE for the 11Pro, I would not recommend it, if the built-in screen protector clinging to the screen bothers you. This is the worst a LifeProof case has been and I have owned several. Not just talking the “wet” rainbow effect; I mean massively clinging to the screen, to the point I can’t stand to watch movies or look at pictures with it on.

Reactions: vols and kmminx

Super Spartan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2018
Dubai
I’ll be trading in my 6S within the next few days. I’ve always carried it with a Lifeproof Frē case since day one. I see 11 Pro is somewhat waterproof and tough when dropped.

Do I need something as extreme as a Frē case for the 11 Pro? My 6S is near mint and would like to keep the 11 pro in similar condition years down the road. If so, what do you recommend or are currently sporting?
I have the Gold iPhone 11 Pro and this case offers superb protection yet keeps the aesthetics of the phone, I've dropped it around 3 times so far (hard drops) and it's still perfect:

iPhone 11 Pro Case Slim Armor Essential S

PS: I intially had the official Apple Leather Case (Yellow Color) and within 1 week it started having black spots in a few areas that's why I ordered the Spigen case

dotnet

macrumors 68000
Apr 10, 2015
Sydney, Australia
I've just ordered Spigen cases ("Ultra Hybrid S Kickstand") too for a couple of new 11's, since the similar Spigen cases worked very well for years on the iPhones 6 that are now being replaced.

jeremydc

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2013
My fav cases are naked sides. Not easy to find outside of China

1575014327327.png

Last edited:

vols

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2013
Thanks guys! A lot of helpful info here.
[automerge]1575042669[/automerge]
Do you guys also use screen protectors or just use the cases?

Last edited:

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
Just the case. If you are prone to dropage then maybe use a screen protector.

I bought the kickstand Spigen for someone's 6s and I'm surprised that the kickstand is still sturdy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.