Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dr.Feel.Good

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2019
I am having the same issue on a 2019 MacBook Pro. Affects all browsers (Safari, Chrome and Firefox). I am running Avast for AV. Perhaps that is the issue?

KingFriday

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2019
I have a MacBook that’s older than dirt, at least 2012, and neither browser (safari/chrome) works. I have no antivirus of firewall software installed. I also cannot launch with battle.net browser weirdly enough.

I also can’t launch the Mojave install application.

I’ve ran the disk repair and I’ve reinstalled the OS. Nothing has worked. I’ve also manually searched and cleaned out cookies/cache/history.

At the end of the day and I’m just going to be waiting for 10.15.2 with the hopes that they’ve fixed the absolute **** show that is this OS?

KingFriday

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2019
For me since Catalina install iCloud tabs in Safari are un clickable 2 minutes after I open Safari. f I delete cache it will fix the problem if I restart Safari, but the problem will return after the next time I close and reopen Safari.

I'm beginning to be tired of Catalina Buggy software. I have bugs and glitches almost everywhere.

I don’t even get two minutes. The window opens and then I get the rainbow circle.

Charger9199

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2019
Updated from High Sierra to Catalina. Having same problems with Catalina as others mentioned plus when I send an email, it removes the names and shows up as a draft. Often on startup, I get the spinning wheel until I unplug the power source and have to start over. Lots of freezes. A lot slower. Thinking I should go back to High Sierra. Tried turning off Firewall with no differences. Going to try deleting other apps. such as Onyx.

mightyjabba

macrumors 68000
Sep 25, 2014
Tatooine
I've been having issues with Safari on my new 16" MacBook Pro. This is the first time I'm using Catalina, so I'm not entirely sure what the deal is, but I've noticed that Safari on my MBP seems to have a lot of weird issues with sites not displaying correctly or not functioning correctly, even though as far as I know these sites worked on my other computers running High Sierra and Mojave. Also, I can't get Hulu to play for more than a couple of seconds before it stops with an error. None of this happens with Chrome.

JayBayAye8

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2017
Did anyone find a fix for this? Suddenly today my Safari can't connect to any sites, but Firefox and Chrome are fine. I've tried all the normal stuff like clearing history and cache, restarting everything from computer to router to modem, deleted some .plist files, etc. I don't use any virus programs or any extensions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.