Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

RumorzGuy

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2008
Guam, Mariana Islands, U.S.A.
For those of you who still use it, File Buddy 10 does NOT work with Catalina. However, the author, Dave Harris, has been slowly working on a total rewrite for many months now. File Buddy 11 currently stands at alpha 8, and is far from complete. Dave has been working on the "Actions" menu at my request, being as that is what I use the most in File Buddy. You will find the latest alpha here:

https://www.skytag.com/file_buddy/version11/

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I'm slightly pissed about ScanSnap Manager, document scanner software v6.1. I called them back in Jan and asked if an update would be coming out. They said yes, but now the answer as far as I can tell is NO. I have a Scansnap i1300i document scanner, and if I can't find a fix for this, I am seriously considering jumping to another manufacturer and screw fujitsu. I called and left a message near the end of the day and they are supposed to call me back. :confused:

I held off installing Catalina until I can get this sorted out.
If I do bail on fujitsu, any manufacturers to recommend? I have a flat bed scanner, but I want a document scanner for convenience. Thanks!

WilliamDu

macrumors 6502
May 22, 2012
Apparently it's bad enough to wait a few months.
How about Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 and 14?
Glad some folks have Catalina working.
I see more than enough gripes to hold off 'til at least Christmas.
I agree with previous comment that Apple has seriously deteriorated in QC. Upgrades should work for everyone-always-right away.
With 43 years in IT, I've been using Macs since the Little Mac in '84 and have watched the degradation sadly. Upgrades worked fine until Cook, Beats and Co. replaced Jobs and became a telephone company with no interest in the "next new thing".
There haven't been any. Apple is now a utility like Microsoft. Competing with Samsung for iterative phone upgrades. They still make great hardware and software-after they get the software working right in a year or so.
Mojave is stable enough and iTunes is quite satisfactory to maintain my 15,000 and growing, track music library on my iMac, external on and off line hard drives and DVDs, Classics, iPads, and 7th generation Touch. Catalina will probably be the last OS my early 2013 27" iMac will run anyway.
At 88, I'm quite comfortable with the fantastic capabilities of all my Apple products. I remember the wonder of my first HP digital calculator about 40 years ago. I think the need for instant upgrade to Catalina is vastly exaggerated. My house is full of Apple products and Alexa devices that they already talk to.
Sometimes it pays to be able to say "Enough". If it ain't broke, don't fix it, and Mojave ain't broke.
Sounds like Catalina is, if only slightly.
The beta process is still underway.
Is there anyone on here that understands why Apple persists in releasing software updates so defective that a deluge of .x updates to infinity are needed within a week or so? Unbelievable!

Last edited:

shinji

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2007
Logitech Options doesn't appear to update anymore. You get the notification that there's a new update, click install, and then nothing happens. Launching Logitech Options manually just gives the same notification and still doesn't do anything.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I'm slightly pissed about ScanSnap Manager, document scanner software v6.1. I called them back in Jan and asked if an update would be coming out. They said yes, but now the answer as far as I can tell is NO. I have a Scansnap i1300i document scanner, and if I can't find a fix for this, I am seriously considering jumping to another manufacturer and screw fujitsu. I called and left a message near the end of the day and they are supposed to call me back. :confused:

If I do bail on fujitsu, any manufacturers to recommend? I have a flat bed scanner, but I want a document scanner for convenience. Thanks!
I spoke with Scansnap tech support and they say that a new app has been created ScanSnap Home, which is meant to take over for ScanSnap Manager.

ronaldsauve

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2014
NOT WORKING
Pulse Secure

NOW WORKING!!! I had to enable dictation to get them to work
Bluebeam Revu 1.0
Bluebeam Revu 2.0

Last edited:

shinji

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2007
Has anyone else had a problem since upgrading to Catalina with VMWare Fusion no longer supporting copy/paste between MacOS and Windows 10 VMs?

I didn't change any settings, and I'm using Fusion 11.5. In Settings->Isolation, "Enable Copy and Paste" is checked.

gilby101

macrumors 68020
Mar 17, 2010
Tasmania
Has anyone else had a problem since upgrading to Catalina with VMWare Fusion no longer supporting copy/paste between MacOS and Windows 10 VMs?

I can copy/paste between macOS and Windows 10 VM. In both directions. Has your VM got the latest VM tools?

shinji

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2007
I can copy/paste between macOS and Windows 10 VM. In both directions. Has your VM got the latest VM tools?

No actually, it didn't for whatever reason. I just reinstalled, and now it's working again- thanks.

NMBob

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2007
New Mexico
Apple (aluminum or plastic) remote control? It won't pause VLC unless the Music app is running (I don't have any music or videos in iTunes/Music on this Mac). The Sys Pref allows any remote and the VLC pref for the remote is on. ???

Newbie67

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2015
Apparently it's bad enough to wait a few months.
How about Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 and 14?
Glad some folks have Catalina working.
I see more than enough gripes to hold off 'til at least Christmas.
I agree with previous comment that Apple has seriously deteriorated in QC. Upgrades should work for everyone-always-right away.
With 43 years in IT, I've been using Macs since the Little Mac in '84 and have watched the degradation sadly. Upgrades worked fine until Cook, Beats and Co. replaced Jobs and became a telephone company with no interest in the "next new thing".
There haven't been any. Apple is now a utility like Microsoft. Competing with Samsung for iterative phone upgrades. They still make great hardware and software-after they get the software working right in a year or so.
Mojave is stable enough and iTunes is quite satisfactory to maintain my 15,000 and growing, track music library on my iMac, external on and off line hard drives and DVDs, Classics, iPads, and 7th generation Touch. Catalina will probably be the last OS my early 2013 27" iMac will run anyway.
At 88, I'm quite comfortable with the fantastic capabilities of all my Apple products. I remember the wonder of my first HP digital calculator about 40 years ago. I think the need for instant upgrade to Catalina is vastly exaggerated. My house is full of Apple products and Alexa devices that they already talk to.
Sometimes it pays to be able to say "Enough". If it ain't broke, don't fix it, and Mojave ain't broke.
Sounds like Catalina is, if only slightly.
The beta process is still underway.
Great commentary sir!

George Zip

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2011
I spoke with Scansnap tech support and they say that a new app has been created ScanSnap Home, which is meant to take over for ScanSnap Manager.

I decided to abandon Fujitsu's software at this point; went with the excellent (so far; 3 months use) VueScan. I don't need the filing assistance/etc. that the ScanSnap software provides (?); I just need to scan things and handle the resultant file myself.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I decided to abandon Fujitsu's software at this point; went with the excellent (so far; 3 months use) VueScan. I don't need the filing assistance/etc. that the ScanSnap software provides (?); I just need to scan things and handle the resultant file myself.
So far, on my ScanSnap S1300i document scanner, I see an improvement in functionality of ScanSnap Home over ScanSnap Manager. ScanSnap Home allows you to set a profile for every document you scan, so that it will be routed to a predetermined folder you have set up. Maybe ScanSnap Manager had that ability, but I was not aware of it. The inconvenient thing is that profile list does not appear to be ordered. It can’t be alphabetized, so it builds as you add profiles.

Now it’s interesting you mentioned VueScan, because I’ve owned that for over a decade, but could not get it to work with an OpticScan2610 flatbed scanner. However, I’m not sure Plustek has come out with a Catalina compatible driver, I’m going to give VueScan another try on that

Reactions: NMBob

Blackfield

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2014
USB Overdrive (the legendary mouse app) doesnt seem to work in Catalina.
Graphclick is 32bit and won't get updates so that won't work either.

winnithedevil

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2019
Hello! Can anyone check the app "Lightworks"......Version 14.6.0.0-Beta and 14.5.0.new are N O T running with MAC OS Catalina 10.15

Rad

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2006

Under Catalina, I am running ScanSnap Home. It replaced the basic functionality of their previous software. I have a iX500.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Just upgraded from Mojave: went smoothly almost. Was stuck here:

LWScreenShot 2019-10-17 at 2.37.59 pm.png

Had to shut down MBA/power up, as dialog was inactive, even when clicked. Terminal sbin issues need to upgade.

Other than that:

VLC 3.0.8 work.. so does VMWare Fusion 11.5.0
* VICE 3.1 Coca still works.. (I hate the SDL version)
FS-UAE 3.0.0 works too

* x64 quite unexpectedly dialog, despite being shut down correctly. Possible upgrade to SDL ?? but seems to be the only issue.

I may go back to Mojave anyway, as the constant "allow" files and folder on any new app i use *** me off..

See if the nerves set in first..

No mail issues with Gmail.. Everything still there..

Last edited:

acousticbiker

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2008
Google Backup and Sync has not worked since upgrading to Catalina (including Supplemental Update). Anyone got it to work?

billhelm

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2010
Google Backup and Sync has not worked since upgrading to Catalina (including Supplemental Update). Anyone got it to work?

I think so? I'll double check it when I'm home tonight, but I installed it and I feel like it was working.

Following apps are working fine:

Google Chrome
Opera
FireFox
EasyFind V4.9.3
VLC V3.0.8
1Password V7.3.2
LibreOffice V6.3.2.2
AppCleaner V3.5
VueScan V9.7.05
Thunderbird V68.1.2
Quicken 2017 V4.8.5
Solitaire Forever V1.4.2

Waiting for upgrades for SuperDuper!, Onyx, and TechTool Pro. I suspect upgrades for SuperDuper! and Onyx will be released soon, but for TechTool Pro, I am "hoping" for November or December. I actually don't mind waiting that long, as most liekly V10.15.2 of Catalina will be released by then.

acousticbiker

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2008
I think so? I'll double check it when I'm home tonight, but I installed it and I feel like it was working.

Have you had a chance to check? I'm using it for photos and no new photos have synced since the upgrade to Catalina (was working fine before)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.