Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

leesweet

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Feb 1, 2009
Northern Virginia, USA
Anyone seeing closed captions not being enabled for ATV+ shows on ATV (4K and 4)? Every new show we watch, we have to turn on CC by hand which isn’t a major pain but WTF.

Some google searches talk about a setting in the ATV app but I can’t find it (even on the phone, which isn’t the point, of course).

Before I get with Apple, wanted to confirm this is a bug. Makes no sense only the ATV+ shows don’t obey the accessibility settings for CC which works for everything else

StyxMaker

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2010
Inside my head.
Anyone seeing closed captions not being enabled for ATV+ shows on ATV (4K and 4)? Every new show we watch, we have to turn on CC by hand which isn’t a major pain but WTF.

Some google searches talk about a setting in the ATV app but I can’t find it (even on the phone, which isn’t the point, of course).

Before I get with Apple, wanted to confirm this is a bug. Makes no sense only the ATV+ shows don’t obey the accessibility settings for CC which works for everything else

I edited the settings for the CC on my ATV4K as soon as I set it up. The first couple of things I watched from ATV+ played without CC but then the CC started showing without me having to do anything.

Reactions: leesweet

leesweet

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Feb 1, 2009
Northern Virginia, USA
I edited the settings for the CC on my ATV4K as soon as I set it up. The first couple of things I watched from ATV+ played without CC but then the CC started showing without me having to do anything.
Thanks... have to see how this works. Also seeing sometimes it starts with English SDH and not CC when both are available.

I’ve started using the accessibility shortcut of Menu triple-click for CC toggle which is better than trying to get to the swipe menu quickly. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.