Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

simps100

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 24, 2012
UK
Hi all

Has anyone had any experience changing their Apple Music (or any apple subscription payment date) - contacted Apple and they said there’s no way to simply change the date but they did also say:

The change of billing date for a subscription only happens with this situation:
When Apple is unable to charge your payment method for a recurring subscription renewal, we will attempt to charge the payment method for a period of 30 days. The date that Apple successfully charges your payment method for a recurring subscription becomes the new billing renewal date.

I guess i could change the payment details on my account to one which would fail and change it back on my preferred date - any idea if Apple music would continue to work during this?

thanks!
Marc

esf215

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2013
I have been wanting to do the same thing, but can't find a way to do it.
Someone suggested canceling then signing back up on the date that you want after a few days. I haven't tried that yet

Coffee50

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2015
I have been wanting to do the same thing, but can't find a way to do it.
Someone suggested canceling then signing back up on the date that you want after a few days. I haven't tried that yet

I think that would probably be the easiest...Apple Music keeps your playlist for a specific amount of time even when you cancel, so it should be good.

simps100

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 24, 2012
UK
I think that would probably be the easiest...Apple Music keeps your playlist for a specific amount of time even when you cancel, so it should be good.

Ah I didn’t realise it kept the playlists for an amount of time after which was the main reason I was hesitant good to know thank you!

Coffee50

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2015
Ah I didn’t realise it kept the playlists for an amount of time after which was the main reason I was hesitant good to know thank you!

Yep! I believe it's 30 days. You'll still be able see your previous playlist in Apple Music (they will just be unable to be played until your subscription is reactivated)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.