Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Outrun1986

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Does the touch 4G use a different size dock connector or something? I bought a cheap cable off amazon from the OEM shop and it appeared to be exactly like the official apple cable right down to the exact markings but the connector would not fit in the slot, the metal part is too large. I am getting a refund from the company I bought it from but I was wondering if anyone knows of a cheap source for cables that fit in the dock connector of the 4G touch.

Outrun1986

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
The last time I checked monoprice didn't have any apple dock connector cables in stock, but I will check again.

johnmullen41

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2012
Found a site with cheap apple and legacy stuff http://cheapocables.com where I got some things I needed that others didn't have. Prices lower in general than monoprice and others, so far quality very good. Some of the older cables are hard to find though.

The last time I checked monoprice didn't have any apple dock connector cables in stock, but I will check again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.