Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 14, 2010
checkra1n jailbreak now available @checkra1n v0.9 beta for supported devices A5-A11 only on iOS 13 (report shows it also works on iOS 13.1.. This is only available on MacOS at the moment, but Windows support will come.

A5-A11 Devices:
  • iPhone 6s
  • iPhone 6s Plus
  • iPhone SE
  • iPhone 7
  • iPhone 7 Plus
  • iPhone 8
  • iPhone 8 Plus
  • iPhone X
This is a semi-tethered jailbreak, which requires running checkra1n on a computer to re-jailbreak if the phone reboots.

Last edited:

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
checkra1n is a semi-tethered jailbreak tool, which means that users will need to connect to a computer every time they want to run the jailbreak. This is different from a tethered jailbreak because you can still reboot into un-jailbroken iOS without a computer, and it’s different from a semi-untethered jailbreak because you can’t just launch an app from the Home screen to jailbreak your device.

Attachments

• Pwn20wnd-on-jailbreak-types-632x474.jpg
    Pwn20wnd-on-jailbreak-types-632x474.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 320
Reactions: 6thDAY

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
checkra1n 0.9.1 supports all handsets running iOS 12.3 and later.

Note : Not compatible with A12 – A13 chips powered devices. So, iPhone XS series and iPhone 11 series are not compatible
[automerge]1573449830[/automerge]

How to download checkra1n guide

Last edited:

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
If you have unc0ver installed and want to use checkra1n instead, here’s a quick video on how to remove unc0ver prior to jailbreaking checkra1n

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
I successfully installed checkra1n on my 7+ on 12.4. I didn’t update to 13.2.2 since I wanted to wait for my tweaks to update for iOS 13. I used batchomatic to save my tweaks, then uninstalled unc0ver with root fs. After jailbreaking with checkra1n and installing Cydia, I installed all of my tweaks with batchomatic and everything is working great so far.

Reactions: flyproductions

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
My iPhone 8 was on 12.4 and unc0ver. I uninstalled my tweaks, used unc0ver to restore the file system, backed up, installed iOS 13.2.2, restored from my backup and then did the jailbreak with checkra1n 0.9.2.

My phone wouldn't go into DFU mode via the checkra1n guidance so I had to do it manually before running checkra1n.

One thing I've discovered is that for some of the tweaks that appear as apps on the device I've had to run a tweak called "PowerApp" to refresh the cache before the app icon would appear on the home screen.

Also, there's a tweak compatibility list online. I've found that some of tweaks I've tried that are listed as compatible aren't really working 100% properly.

flyproductions

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2014
I used batchomatic to save my tweaks, then uninstalled unc0ver with root fs. After jailbreaking with checkra1n and installing Cydia, I installed all of my tweaks with batchomatic...
Thanks for the detailed instructions!

Switched from Unc0ver to checkra1n with my little SE too and everything is working great also for me.

The only thing, i had a little bit of a mess with, was to regain SSH access. I had to manually delete the device's line from the known_hosts-file. Also the password had reset itself to the default "alpine", which i had to change again. But now also this is working again.

marvel2

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2007
I used checkra1n to bypass the iCloud lock and it worked. However, the device doesn't allow me to sign into iCloud and says it can't reach the server. Even though I'm getting the MFA code text to me phone.

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
Serious question, kindly do not flame me for this.

What are the advantages of jailbreaking an iDevice today?

h4kd4n

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2019
checkra1n jailbreak now available @checkra1n v0.9 beta for supported devices A5-A11 only on iOS 13 (report shows it also works on iOS 13.1.. This is only available on MacOS at the moment, but Windows support will come.

A5-A11 Devices:
  • iPhone 6s
  • iPhone 6s Plus
  • iPhone SE
  • iPhone 7
  • iPhone 7 Plus
  • iPhone 8
  • iPhone 8 Plus
  • iPhone X
This is a semi-tethered jailbreak, which requires running checkra1n on a computer to re-jailbreak if the phone reboots.
Hey buddy I've been trying to do this exploit on a iphone x with compatible ios version but i keep getting error when i try to ssh into the device. I have already done bypassed an ipad pro and iphone 6 but now i cant do it. Ive tried and failed on 3 other devices. Can you help? I have attached a file of my terminal output when i try to ssh.. any help will be appriciated .. thank you

Attachments

• ssherror.txt
    3.6 KB · Views: 269
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.