Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
It is great. There is nothing to deny about it.

China is more open than you thought about it. People has been using WeChat or QQ to discuses about various social and political issues. As long as you don’t go around asking people to riot, you are fine.

And no. There is no organ harvest. Sounds like you are either believe cult or you are just blinded by your anti-China agenda.

Otherwise, life is great. We enjoying way of life more and more. We go shopping as we please, we buy stuff as we please, we go eat street food as we want, we gathering with our friends.

We don’t need go on internet and be a keyboard warrior, but I will when someone attacking our beloved country.

Also, there are so many country without presidential or prime minister term limit. You don’t seems to have issue with these country. There is no guarantee Xi will rule for life. There always going to be internal opposition inside CCP would or could replace Xi.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...unal-concludes

An independent tribunal in the UK concluded....

Quote:
An independent tribunal sitting in London has concluded that the killing of detainees in China for organ transplants is continuing, and victims include imprisoned followers of the Falun Gong movement.
The China Tribunal, chaired by Sir Geoffrey Nice QC, who was a prosecutor at the international criminal tribunal for the former Yugoslavia, said in a unanimous determination at the end of its hearings it was “certain that Falun Gong as a source - probably the principal source - of organs for forced organ harvesting”.

https://www.lawsociety.ie/gazette/to...nal-concludes/

Quote:
An independent tribunal has published its final judgement that China still kills Falun Gong practitioners for organ transplants.
The China Tribunal, sitting in London and chaired by Sir Geoffrey Nice QC, this week delivered its final judgement which concludes that forced organ harvesting is now committed on a significant scale.

It states: “Falun Gong practitioners have been one and probably the main source of organ supply.
“The concerted persecution and medical testing of the Uyghurs is more recent and it may be that evidence of forced organ harvesting of this group may emerge in due course.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakdoff...ribunal-finds/

Quote:
The China Tribunal concluded that "forced organ harvesting has been committed for years throughout China on a significant scale, [and] the tribunal has had no evidence that the significant infrastructure associated with China’s transplantation industry has been dismantled and absent a satisfactory explanation as to the source of readily available organs concludes that forced organ harvesting continues till toda
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8962661.html

Quote:
‘Very many people have died indescribably hideous deaths for no reason,’ says tribunal chair Sir Geoffrey Nice

It was less clear if China’s Uighur Muslim minority had been victims of forced organ harvesting, the tribunal found, thought it said they were vulnerable to “being used as a bank of organs”.

https://inspirestory.com/rare-eyewit...sed_56510.html

Quote:
Rare eyewitness account of live organ harvesting—‘No anesthetics were used’
https://nypost.com/2019/06/23/the-ug...an-harvesting/

Quote:
The verdict is in: On June 17, the China Tribunal announced its finding that China’s Communist regime has for two decades practiced systematic, forced organ removal from prisoners of conscience, mainly Falun Gong practitioners and Muslims.
The independent, London-based panel of international legal and medical experts was led by Sir Geoffrey Nice, who also headed the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia.

It is beyond question that the Chinese govt is forcibly harvesting organs from the falun gong sect and probably others too. They are doing this for vital organs by force and without anesthetic.

These people are targeted for being minorities and simply because they are vulnerable.

Its been reported in hong kong a lot . There were protests there in response that were brutally clamped down.

https://www.independent.ie/world-new...-38229054.html

Quote:
World governments 'ignore organ horror'
I am sorry for all the links.

China is forcibly removing vital organs without anesthetic or any pain relief. These people die soon after. And this has been found to be the case by an independent uk tribunal. Headed up by Geoffrey Nice who is a lawyer who prosecuted war crimes in Yugoslavia.

There are 60k people that we know about. There maybe others.

THIS IS THE CHINESE GOVT.

I know you might have trouble believing it. But its happening.

It's basically live vivisection on humans for profit.

H2SO4

macrumors 603
Nov 4, 2008
Because those operating systems were not believed to be unhackable in this fashion.

Most of my coworkers use Android, and the many times I’ve brought up security/privacy conversations they mostly seem unconcerned and more concerned with “openness” of the platform. iPhone users, not generally the same.
[doublepost=1567434828][/doublepost]

May I add that in the U.S. we don’t lock people in internment camps for disagreeing with government... and we don’t have organ harvesting vans that travel the country...
Yes you do, with no evidence too. You like to call them all terrorists which is in fact exactly what the US are when they attack a foreign country. Again.
The West have been all over the globe raping and pillaging, (ironically it's exactly how the US came about), have the Chinese?
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Reactions: WatchAndWait

Alenore

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2013
Well, some folks were naive. There has never been a period in time where an OS -including those developed by Apple- was totally secure. This incident doesn't change that. If those people's trust changed, there's probably nothing that can help them. They were unrealistic to begin with.
Perhaps it would help these naive folks if Apple wasn't clamoring it's superior security everywhere.

Reactions: hagjohn and PC_tech

iDento

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2011
iCloud Servers
China is also collecting DNA samples from all the muslims in that region to be used for future organ harvesting purposes.
Seriously? This is even worse than slavery IMO, I mean, God Bless America and Western Civilization.

With great power comes great responsibility, and Apple is a great power and it is responsible and me personally, I believe in Tim when it comes to these issues, he's way better as a public issues figure than a CEO.

Reactions: AlexGraphicD

iDento

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2011
iCloud Servers
The difference now vs then is the western world is too stupid and greedy and is willingly feeding the beast trillions of dollars and free ip through their joint manufacturing policies that companies willingly throw themselves into to save a few. Screw soybeans and cheaper manufacturing, I’ll pay extra to buy electronics that isn’t from China.
I'd pay 200% or more to buy products that are made in 2019 Germany or USA, the Made in China badge makes me go "yuck" and it is not just because the quality sucks.

Reactions: AlexGraphicD

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2009
There are a lot of Chinese trolls on MacRumors. I believe they post bad things about Apple to try to sway public opinions to get people to buy their government sponsored Huawei

Many people have both smartphones. I have both and use both. I am also not Chinese nor am I a Chinese troll.;) Two different systems with two different OS platforms. Each has its own advantages over the other in certain aspects. That being said I would never ditch my iPhone for a Huawei but it does not mean I could not own and use both ;)

unobtainium

macrumors 68030
Mar 27, 2011
Glad someone read some history before holding a very strong anti-China opinion because the Washington Post told them to.
It’s too bad that nothing he posted contradicted my point. The Han Chinese population in that region has always been tiny, until recent efforts to change the demographics there. Military and political control of a subject minority population in a region that was never home to many Han Chinese.

Reactions: ronntaylor

Osamede

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2009
China is what the Stasi in East Germany would have liked to be. The whole country is sick. Just like Nazi Germany, the world just watches until they play with too much fire
It’s difficult to understand chauvinistic statements like this in a post-Snowden revelations context.

Wherever you are, whatever BS your govt tells you, you’re being surveilled 24-7-365. That’s the truth.

And no your phone maker can’t tell you either- otherwise they’re violating a national security letter or whatever it’s called where you are and they’d be shut down, which would end the profit gravy train.

Reactions: WatchAndWait

Solomani

macrumors 601
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
There are a lot of Chinese trolls on MacRumors. I believe they post bad things about Apple to try to sway public opinions to get people to buy their government sponsored Huawei

We also have a small band of pro-Putin trolls too. It's certainly guaranteed that the Putin government directs internet trolls to very popular American-based forums with high traffic, high volumes of political discussion, or high popularity. Guaranteed.

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2009
We also have a small band of pro-Putin trolls too. It's certainly guaranteed that the Putin government directs internet trolls to very popular American-based forums with high traffic, high volumes of political discussion, or high popularity. Guaranteed.

Quite a few bands in that case. You missed another band too:p;)

Val-kyrie

macrumors 68020
Feb 13, 2005
Is it not possible Apple created this backdoor for China?

I am not naïve—it would not surprise me if Apple has specific backdoors for various nation states while touting its very hardy general security measures. Publicly Apple has to “fight” attempts at government intrusion but behind closed doors....

Kabeyun

macrumors 68040
Mar 27, 2004
Eastern USA
Prediction: the Chinese are going to unleash a cyberwar against Trump that’s going to make Russia’s 2016 campaign against Clinton look like amateur hour.

Foreign countries will continue to choose the US President for us until we can figure out how to stop them.
We will at least impede them as soon as traitors like Moscow Mitch and his ilk no longer ignore the issue. And they’ll ignore the issue as long as they believe it helps them stay in power.

albusseverus

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2007
The other Great Powers of the world missed so many chances to destroy/weaken the Communists in China, and this is the result. A great power that is completely tyrannical and oppressive on a scale not seen since the Stalinist era.

Their efforts to weaken China are what made China the way it is today, including its arms manufacturing.
[doublepost=1567480572][/doublepost]
Nothing gets a free pass like China’s concentration camps that are going unreported.

So that US concentration camps won't be reported. Especially the ones started by Obama (you saw the pictures, misreported to be Trump ones).
In Australia we proudly report on the concentration camps we have offshore, the US wouldn't be so dumb to admit it. We don't talk about the 'detention facilities' within our country much, except for the big ones run by US corporations.
[doublepost=1567480670][/doublepost]

I am not naïve—it would not surprise me if Apple has specific backdoors for various nation states while touting its very hardy general security measures. Publicly Apple has to “fight” attempts at government intrusion but behind closed doors....

Like all good corporate citizens, Apple would abide by Chinese law. Google had the option not to operate in China. Jobs and Cook cut their own throats there.

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2009

To the best of my knowledge Apple’s iCloud in China has a backdoor with certain exceptions to comply with certain local laws but this is only if the person set up the iCloud account in China. If it was set up outside of China then to the best of my knowledge those in China don’t need to worry about it otherwise anyone that entered China would need to worry about their iCloud account.

Osamede

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2009

Never mind the bogeymen, be worried about what's going on right here! The govt is not only bugging your phone, they are also manipulating your mind - using your own tax money! Read some of these articles - and note the dates, then consider what the scale of these things must be by now.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2011/mar/17/us-spy-operation-social-networks
Revealed: US spy operation that manipulates social media
Nick Fielding and Ian Cobain Thu 17 Mar 2011 13.19 GMT
Military's 'sock puppet' software creates fake online identities to spread pro-American propaganda

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2005/09/psy-ops-propaganda-goes-mainstream.html
Psy-ops propaganda goes mainstream.
A live “ops center” in a country SCL won’t identify
By SHARON WEINBERGER SEPT 19, 2005 6:31 AM
Strategic Communication Laboratories, a small U.K. firm specializing in “influence operations” made a very public debut this week with a glitzy exhibit occupying prime real estate at Defense Systems & Equipment International, or DSEi, the United Kingdom’s largest showcase for military technology. (Company literature describes SCL’s niche specialties as “psychological warfare,” “public diplomacy,” and “influence operations.”)

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/da...ppens-when-you-privatise-military-propaganda/
Cambridge Analytica is what happens when you privatise military propaganda
You can't understand the Cambridge Analytica scandal until you understand what its parent company does.
Adam Ramsay . 28 March 2018

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-fake-al-qaeda-propganda-videos-a7348371.html
US government spent over $500m on fake Al-Qaeda propaganda videos that tracked location of viewers
The Pentagon hired a UK-based PR firm to produce and disemminate videos during the Iraq War

Reactions: stylinexpat

AxiomaticRubric

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2010
On Mars, Praising the Omnissiah
The other Great Powers of the world missed so many chances to destroy/weaken the Communists in China, and this is the result. A great power that is completely tyrannical and oppressive on a scale not seen since the Stalinist era.

Yet the UN has stated on more than one occasion that China is the model state that all other nations should emulate. (That’s probably in reference to their one-child policy, among other facets.)

OlliFlamme

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2018
Sweden
Nah,... that is exaggerated. What about all those Chinese tourists strolling in European cultural places? They seem obnoxious and are odd, but they seem to show no signs of suppression.
I figure that the US without any rigidness is preferred? Where people have low taxes, and therewith barely any health care, where it’s the law of the fittest that’s counting, where racism is still prevalent on countless of societal levels, where people carry guns and work out their frustrations on their fellow beings, where wars have been waged without legal war declarations, that needs to pretend to spread democracy by setting up puppet regimes, that wages wars for oil dominance and to implement capital dependency by rebuilding all it destroys...

There’s plenty more Chinese, and for them being so many, they are pretty well behaving.

China is the least religious country in the world. The one religion that is most likely to develop itself into extremism is the Muslim religion. Unfortunately muslims are treated with caution, and so do the buddhists even in China. Another country that is very careful with muslim religion is Russia. To my opinion, the most recent wars or conflicts in general have been involving muslim concerns in Russia.

I personally am non religious, near agnostic person. I assume that humans should have endless respect for their being and others existence, and not being so snobby about their own assumptions. I have a slight rational understanding for being wary of people that are religious, as they avoid to take at hand factual life and obstruct a rational logic of co-existence and mutual respect, ethics, morale and future oriented consciousness.

As much as I think that it is a morally despicable act to secretly track people, please put it in the context of the Wikileaks scandal that showed how well American and other citizens have been tracked for years...

The pot is blaming the kettle...

Good that Apple closes the vulnerabilities, but this is just a small improvement for individuals. They can be tracked by the triangulation of their phone coverage, perhaps far better. The network is more dangerous for you than your phone...
[doublepost=1567524208][/doublepost]
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...unal-concludes

An independent tribunal in the UK concluded....

Quote:
An independent tribunal sitting in London has concluded that the killing of detainees in China for organ transplants is continuing, and victims include imprisoned followers of the Falun Gong movement.
The China Tribunal, chaired by Sir Geoffrey Nice QC, who was a prosecutor at the international criminal tribunal for the former Yugoslavia, said in a unanimous determination at the end of its hearings it was “certain that Falun Gong as a source - probably the principal source - of organs for forced organ harvesting”.

Quote:
An independent tribunal has published its final judgement that China still kills Falun Gong practitioners for organ transplants.
The China Tribunal, sitting in London and chaired by Sir Geoffrey Nice QC, this week delivered its final judgement which concludes that forced organ harvesting is now committed on a significant scale.

It states: “Falun Gong practitioners have been one and probably the main source of organ supply.
“The concerted persecution and medical testing of the Uyghurs is more recent and it may be that evidence of forced organ harvesting of this group may emerge in due course.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakdoff...ribunal-finds/

Quote:
The China Tribunal concluded that "forced organ harvesting has been committed for years throughout China on a significant scale, [and] the tribunal has had no evidence that the significant infrastructure associated with China’s transplantation industry has been dismantled and absent a satisfactory explanation as to the source of readily available organs concludes that forced organ harvesting continues till toda

Quote:
‘Very many people have died indescribably hideous deaths for no reason,’ says tribunal chair Sir Geoffrey Nice

It was less clear if China’s Uighur Muslim minority had been victims of forced organ harvesting, the tribunal found, thought it said they were vulnerable to “being used as a bank of organs”.

Quote:
Rare eyewitness account of live organ harvesting—‘No anesthetics were used’
https://nypost.com/2019/06/23/the-ug...an-harvesting/

Quote:
The verdict is in: On June 17, the China Tribunal announced its finding that China’s Communist regime has for two decades practiced systematic, forced organ removal from prisoners of conscience, mainly Falun Gong practitioners and Muslims.
The independent, London-based panel of international legal and medical experts was led by Sir Geoffrey Nice, who also headed the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia.

It is beyond question that the Chinese govt is forcibly harvesting organs from the falun gong sect and probably others too. They are doing this for vital organs by force and without anesthetic.

These people are targeted for being minorities and simply because they are vulnerable.

Its been reported in hong kong a lot . There were protests there in response that were brutally clamped down.

Quote:
World governments 'ignore organ horror'
I am sorry for all the links.

China is forcibly removing vital organs without anesthetic or any pain relief. These people die soon after. And this has been found to be the case by an independent uk tribunal. Headed up by Geoffrey Nice who is a lawyer who prosecuted war crimes in Yugoslavia.

There are 60k people that we know about. There maybe others.

THIS IS THE CHINESE GOVT.

I know you might have trouble believing it. But its happening.

It's basically live vivisection on humans for profit.

Reactions: Solomani and H2SO4

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
Nah,... that is exaggerated. What about all those Chinese tourists strolling in European cultural places? They seem obnoxious and are odd, but they seem to show no signs of suppression.
I figure that the US without any rigidness is preferred? Where people have low taxes, and therewith barely any health care, where it’s the law of the fittest that’s counting, where racism is still prevalent on countless of societal levels, where people carry guns and work out their frustrations on their fellow beings, where wars have been waged without legal war declarations, that needs to pretend to spread democracy by setting up puppet regimes, that wages wars for oil dominance and to implement capital dependency by rebuilding all it destroys...

There’s plenty more Chinese, and for them being so many, they are pretty well behaving.

China is the least religious country in the world. The one religion that is most likely to develop itself into extremism is the Muslim religion. Unfortunately muslims are treated with caution, and so do the buddhists even in China. Another country that is very careful with muslim religion is Russia. To my opinion, the most recent wars or conflicts in general have been involving muslim concerns in Russia.

I personally am non religious, near agnostic person. I assume that humans should have endless respect for their being and others existence, and not being so snobby about their own assumptions. I have a slight rational understanding for being wary of people that are religious, as they avoid to take at hand factual life and obstruct a rational logic of co-existence and mutual respect, ethics, morale and future oriented consciousness.

As much as I think that it is a morally despicable act to secretly track people, please put it in the context of the Wikileaks scandal that showed how well American and other citizens have been tracked for years...

The pot is blaming the kettle...

Good that Apple closes the vulnerabilities, but this is just a small improvement for individuals. They can be tracked by the triangulation of their phone coverage, perhaps far better. The network is more dangerous for you than your phone...
[doublepost=1567524208][/doublepost]
This is absolutely hideous!! What is wrong with this world...! Confucianism, what the heck?
China is a Communist country since 1949. Of course they are not very religious, they as Communists practice state atheism.

OlliFlamme

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2018
Sweden
China is a Communist country since 1949. Of course they are not very religious, they as Communists practice state atheism.
Interestingly, the genocidal organ harvesting being a result of that is making me think about the consequences of a atheist society as one could sometimes dream of. If it discards the respect of human beings, it becomes just as horrific as fanatic religions: those who aren’t atheist as per the communist society, seem to not matter at all, and are just pointless matter just as fanatic jews or muslims or whatever seem to assume.
I’m enlightened, but need some humour soon...

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
Interestingly, the genocidal organ harvesting being a result of that is making me think about the consequences of a atheist society as one could sometimes dream of. If it discards the respect of human beings, it becomes just as horrific as fanatic religions: those who aren’t atheist as per the communist society, seem to not matter at all, and are just pointless matter just as fanatic jews or muslims or whatever seem to assume.
I’m enlightened, but need some humour soon...
https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/20...mYreJRlRgHqhj5miNl3LVVTS-iKVucvfTep9XGgJtsvVM
Obama liberated them and now the Muslim brotherhood openly harvest organs and sells slaves.

Reactions: itsmemuffins

OlliFlamme

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2018
Sweden
https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/20...mYreJRlRgHqhj5miNl3LVVTS-iKVucvfTep9XGgJtsvVM
Obama liberated them and now the Muslim brotherhood openly harvest organs and sells slaves.
That adds up to the fact that central Africans looking for a brighter future in Europe, are getting trapped as slaves in Libya.

The indirect cause of that is migration due to the contrast between rich northern hemisphere and the poor in the southern hemisphere.

In that respect, one has to see the ongoing Chinese presence in Central Africa as well. I have not yet made up my mind as to whether that’s better than past colonial times. Most probably someone will post some horrific stuff in that context too...

We are still to face migration due to climate change. We humans are really in a messy state...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.