Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobob

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 11, 2008
AirPods Pro - complete review and comparisons to Galaxy Buds, AirPods v2, and PowerBeats Pro - almost 30 minutes long.

symphony

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2016
He makes a good point about how awkward it is now to put the headphones back in the case.

Why did Apple flipped the position of the headphones? It’s the opposite from the original AirPods. It’s awkward to put the last headphone back in because it’s more rounded and angled.

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
He makes a good point about how awkward it is now to put the headphones back in the case.

Why did Apple flipped the position of the headphones? It’s the opposite from the original AirPods. It’s awkward to put the last headphone back in because it’s more rounded and angled.
I find it somewhat easier since the stems are on the outside of the case now, so they’re already lined up in your fingers upon removing them from your ears.

Reactions: bp328i

bobob

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 11, 2008
Words, please. Not all of us have time to watch a thirty minute (?!) video, whereas a well-written, comprehensive review would take about five minutes to read, tops.
The reason I created this thread was because the video review in the OP is informative in ways beyond the written AirPod Pro reviews I've read.

iPhonedo is an excellent tech reviewer because he uses objective testing which he presents visually.

The thirty minutes I invested in watching this video provided me with an excellent return based on the hundreds of hours I will spend using this product.

This thread is specifically about that video review, so it seems odd that you would spend time complaining here.

I suggest that that you use the search phrase "AirPods Pro review" on Google - - here are the first 26 non-video reviews that come up: a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i, j, k, l, m, n, o, p, q, r, s, t, u, v, w, x, y, z.

(Note: After searching Google using the suggested phrase above, it is important that you do not click on the "Videos" tab at the top of the search results.)

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
The reason I created this thread was because the video review in the OP is informative in ways beyond the written AirPod Pro reviews I've read.

iPhonedo is an excellent tech reviewer because he uses objective testing which he presents visually.

The thirty minutes I invested in watching this video provided me with an excellent return based on the hundreds of hours I will spend using this product.

This thread is specifically about that video review, so it seems odd that you would spend time complaining here.

I suggest that that you use the search phrase "AirPods Pro review" on Google - - here are the first 26 non-video reviews that come up: a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i, j, k, l, m, n, o, p, q, r, s, t, u, v, w, x, y, z.

(Note: After searching Google using the suggested phrase above, it is important that you do not click on the "Videos" tab at the top of the search results.)
Thanks for the reply. I posted because I was hoping there was a written version somewhere, but I guess there isn't.

Reactions: bobob

bp328i

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2019
I find it somewhat easier since the stems are on the outside of the case now, so they’re already lined up in your fingers upon removing them from your ears.
THIS...You pull them out of your ears and they go straight in, no spinning them. I also find them easier to take out of the case, you push on the back and they pop right out.

Otflyer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2017
SF Bay Area

Never even noticed. I just put them in the case. It’s ridiculous the way people seem to go out of their way to find something to complain about.

Reactions: LoganT

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
It's interesting to keep in mind the different perspectives of APP reviews tbat come from those that have used AirPods before and those that haven't. Having never used AirPods before now owning APP, I do not find it awkward at all to put them back in the case.

nrvna76

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2010
Just join the world domination! This guy is my favorite tech reviewer, and may have just convinced me to buy APPs.

Reactions: bobob

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
He makes a good point that the APP SQ worsens with ANC on.

He's also wrong about PBP being uncomfortable when you press the side button. Just grip the side of the bud with your thumb and middle finger before you press with your index finger. It lessens the pressure of the press onto the bud and makes it easier to find to boot.

Also happy he confirms that the PBP sound noticeably better than the APP.

Imory

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2013
Wonderland
Words, please. Not all of us have time to watch a thirty minute (?!) video, whereas a well-written, comprehensive review would take about five minutes to read, tops.

Then why are you here? You sound awfully obnoxious.

iPhonedo is so utterly underrated. Fantastic review and well worth the 30 mins. Almost Anandtech level of in-depth for a video review, and they certainly set the bar.

Given his review I actually find the AirPods 2 to be a better deal with a sound signature that doesn't become compromised.

• Haha
Reactions: bobob and mavis

symphony

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2016
Never even noticed. I just put them in the case. It’s ridiculous the way people seem to go out of their way to find something to complain about.
No one ‘is going out of their way’ to complain when it’s noticing from experience. Lol

Anyone can complain about anything smh

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.