Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deckard666

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 16, 2007
Falmouth
Now that Apple have finally decided to support some decent controllers in iOS 13 - which of the two would you recommend out of the PS4 controller or Xbox one as I see they are both about the same price secondhand

kemo

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2008
I'm a PS4 guy since my teens so I guess you see which one I would suggest, but - just go to the store and try them both. Some like X1 controller better, others prefer PS4 or even third party controllers. Whatever you choose, they are both great controllers as I have played on both of them, I still prefer PS4, but that does not makes it a better controller, it's just a matter of taste.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
I agree as well that it’s mainly just personal preference. Before iOS 13 there was the Steelseries controllers already- of which I find the Nimbus model excellent.

I don’t expect any of these to support rumble/ force feedback on iOS so even if the OS supports the general functionality there will be a big gap in experience between a console and the iPad as a gaming platform for a while still.

pubwizard

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2019
UK
I was wondering if there is any controller works on iOS 13 ipad os and Mac OS, so that I only need one controller

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
I was wondering if there is any controller works on iOS 13 ipad os and Mac OS, so that I only need one controller

Any controller that works with iOS 13 will work with the rest. I use the Sony Dual Shock 4 (PlayStation 4 controller) because it has a built-in battery and I like the form.

Reactions: pubwizard

JChannel

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2019
Unfortunately you can’t play PUBG on iOS with an xb1 PS4 controller. You can with the android and you can also play fortnite with either device. This video goes further into detail

sman789

Customer Support
Staff member
Dec 25, 2007
Richmond, VA
You have to find the one that fits your hands well.

I absolutely hate the xbox designs but I've been playing with Sony DualShocks since the PS1. There's plenty of people who can't stand how small the Dual Shock 4 is. Go to Walmart/Target and go hands on.

Reactions: BlankStar

SRLMJ23

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
Central New York
I love the Xbox controller, so I guess I am the odd man out, but as everyone else has said...it really comes down to which one you prefer after you try them out in a store.

:apple:

Tyrel Smith

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2020
I'm a PS4 guy since my teens so I guess you see which one I would suggest, but - just go to the store and try them both. Some like X1 controller better, others prefer PS4 or even third party controllers. Whatever you choose, they are both great controllers as I have played on both of them, I still prefer PS4, but that does not makes it a better controller, it's just a matter of taste.
can you connect a double shock ps4 controller to ios like you can with the dualshock

kemo

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2008
can you connect a double shock ps4 controller to ios like you can with the dualshock
Had to Google "Double Shock 4", never heard of it - can't say as I only have Dual Shocks, which works fine with iOS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.