Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sevenout

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2014
Orangevale, CA, USA
I have 2 BofA Visa cards. One is a Signature card and the other is a Royal Caribbean Platinum Plus card.

I have added them both to Apple Pay but the cards appear in Passbook with the exact same card picture. The only way to identify one card over the other is the last 4 digits displayed in the lower left. They both even say ""BofA Visa Credit" is ready for Apply Pay".

I've looked everywhere in Passbook and Settings for some way to add a custom name to these cards that would help distinguish between them. Anyone know if this is possible?

Scott

pixelwix

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2011
Yeah i'm the same boat as well i have two capital one cards and they both look the same. I assume the companion app at some point in the future will give us the ability to do that. I know the capital one app was released today is very limited.

caesarp

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2012
I have 2 BofA Visa cards. One is a Signature card and the other is a Royal Caribbean Platinum Plus card.

I have added them both to Apple Pay but the cards appear in Passbook with the exact same card picture. The only way to identify one card over the other is the last 4 digits displayed in the lower left. They both even say ""BofA Visa Credit" is ready for Apply Pay".

I've looked everywhere in Passbook and Settings for some way to add a custom name to these cards that would help distinguish between them. Anyone know if this is possible?

Scott

Not possible. But you could make one your default card. So you know which is which without looking at the last 4 digits. And only use the other by choosing it specifically.

HXGuyAZ

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2014
Not possible. But you could make one your default card. So you know which is which without looking at the last 4 digits. And only use the other by choosing it specifically.

How do you go about making a card the default card? I thought maybe just the way you have the sorted in PassBook but I have my AMEX first and Chase Freedom second and when I used it at CVS today, it used the Freedom for some reason.

flashflooder

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2011
They need to add customized names and images for the cards. I carry 8-10 cards, many from the same issuer.

goldnose

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2014
I think with time all banks will be adding images for specific cards. AMEX seems to have images for the various cards they have

caesarp

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2012
How do you go about making a card the default card? I thought maybe just the way you have the sorted in PassBook but I have my AMEX first and Chase Freedom second and when I used it at CVS today, it used the Freedom for some reason.

Settings/passbook & Apple pay/default card

Put check next to card you want to be default. Freedom sounds like it is checked as your default now.

To use default, just use touchID while holding phone near card reader. Otherwise hold phone near reader and then choose card u want to use. Then use touchID.

BigJayhawk

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2003
New Jersey
Please please please!!!

Custom name and photo of card (that removes the number) like LoopPay. I have 3 PAIRS of cards that look exactly the same. Ugh!

Rachel Faith

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2007
Iowa
For sure add me to this list. I have several business cards, personal cards and expense cards. They ALL look alike. With 11 accounts this is totally not usable. Custom art please. All my actual cards have custom logos and that is how I tell them apart in my purse.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.