Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Disney is celebrating Cyber Monday this year with a notable new discount on its streaming service Disney+. New subscribers can get their first year of Disney+ for $59.99, down from an original price of $69.99. That's $10 off for your first year of Disney+, and if you decide to re-subscribe after that first year, your subscription will go back up to the traditional $69.99/year price.

disney-ios.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Disney. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Although Disney offered a special three-year discount on Disney+ for anyone with a free D23 account, the offer was limited and many missed out on it. Today's deal marks the first major sale on Disney+ after its launch and is definitely worth looking into for anyone who hasn't yet signed up for an annual subscription (or only signed up for the monthly subscription at $6.99/month).

To get the offer, simply head over to DisneyPlus.com to find the annual subscription discount. Disney notes that this is a limited time offer and it will expire later tonight. It's only available in the United States and Puerto Rico, and it does not include a free trial of Disney+.

Article Link: Cyber Monday 2019: Get $10 Off Your First Year of Disney+ at $59.99 (Regular $69.99)

travoose

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2008
Central PA
Is this something I can buy now and add to my account later so that it does not cancel out my current free trial?

cardfan

macrumors 601
Mar 23, 2012
I don’t get the prepaying for a year. (I just do discount with iTunes cards). But something like Disney I wouldn’t have more than 1-2 months out of year.

This is the year of free trials though. Even so I’ve only watched one show on Disney. The baby Yoda show. Boring as heck but I keep waiting for it to get better.

mdatwood

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2010
East Coast, USA
I find the lack of original titles quite annoying. Why would I pay $60 for access to a library filled with shows and movies I’ve already watched?

I agree. For me the super hero movies are one and done type things. I do like Star Wars, but I feel like it's constantly on TV. And, even though I like Star Wars it is not something I'm going to watch more than once a year or so.

I think Disney's large back catalog is definitely getting people to sign up, but to keep people signed up they will need to drop tons of cash like everyone else to keep making original content.

Reactions: lunarworks

2010mini

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2013
You can get the whole year free if you have Verizon.

only air is free brother. Verizon is overcharging you on your wireless plan anyway.
[automerge]1575295096[/automerge]
Wow! A whole .83¢ off a month. What a steal. :rolleyes:

the regular price is already a steal. $70 is too rich for your blood? I would guess you are an Apple user, so you can afford premium goods/services?

AJACs3

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2014
In the early 80s folks would spend $80 for one movie on a crappy VHS tape, which typically had to have been out of the theatre for one year.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
only air is free brother. Verizon is overcharging you on your wireless plan anyway.
[automerge]1575295096[/automerge]

the regular price is already a steal. $70 is too rich for your blood? I would guess you are an Apple user, so you can afford premium goods/services?
I said nothing regarding my finances, and it’s honestly none of your business nor the topic of discussion.

Simply stating that a CYBER-MONDAY DEAL with a “notable discount” is fairly laughable.

Last edited:

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
I signed up for monthly, so I may need to contact Disney+ to switch to this deal.

Funny thing though, I have two kids, 13 and 18, and neither has even used it even though I signed up on November 11th.

Herrpod

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2019
This isnt a great deal if you have iTunes. A better deal is buying iTunes credit at 20 percent off and using it to pay for a year of Disney+.

WRChris

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2016
Indiana
Sure and I see that point, but Verizon is the best in my area and it’s a service you can take advantage of if you’re an existing subscriber. It’s not for new sign ups only.
Exactly, I’d gladly pay 10$ more a month to have signal. No sense in saving money on a phone plan that doesn’t get signal anywhere. Looking at you sprint and T-Mobile.

edit: I guess it doesn’t really matter since it’s an intel chip in these phones anyway. That limits the already limited signal I have in the area.

coachgq

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
Again. There’s 20% plus off iTunes cards all over the place. Sub through iTunes. Others have a year free trial. Why prepay a year for a streaming service?

If you don’t have Verizon and you prefer not to subscribe through iTunes? Just a thought. Or not an iPhone user or realize that buying possibly used App Store codes with no value for $3 savings is just less convenient. Anything else?

Rychiar

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2006
Waterbury, CT
so what's it got aside from mandalorian cus that's all I've heard about? I don't care about old movies and such, just originals

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.