Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HUGE AL

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
Been sideloading apps on an unjailbroken iPhone X running the last stable release (iOS 11.2.5). Hit my 7 days and, as I've been doing for over a year, deleted the apps off the phone, then went to sideload them via Impactor. Cercube loaded without issue, but Twitter++ and Instagram++ came back with the error and:

Failed to verify code signature of /private/var/installd/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installd.staging/temp.tN6vr8/extracted/Payload/ppsideloader.app :0xe8008016 (The executable was signed with invalid entitlements.)

Cannot seem to get past this.

HUGE AL

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
Appreciate that. Saw it and there's A LOT of noise to sift through as they mainly address being jailbroken. This phone is NOT...although...if my only option past this is TO jailbreak, I'm not totally opposed to it. Just prefer an untethered stable exploit.
Why are you using impactor if you can install them through Ignition.fun, jailbreaks.fun or Tweakbox?

HUGE AL

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
Why are you using impactor if you can install them through Ignition.fun, jailbreaks.fun or Tweakbox?

Just downloaded the updated ipa files and used Impactor without issue for the past year. This is the first time I've encountered errors. Haven't jailbroken since iOS 8.1 -- back when we had a stable untethered option.

Do those three options require a jailbreak (the reddit thread wasn't clear)?

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
Just downloaded the updated ipa files and used Impactor without issue for the past year. This is the first time I've encountered errors. Haven't jailbroken since iOS 8.1 -- back when we had a stable untethered option.

Do those three options require a jailbreak (the reddit thread wasn't clear)?
Nope. No jailbreak required. The jailbreakers are using this method to install the new JB updates in order to get around the Impactor error for now. You just download one of those apps (find with google) and then find the tweak you want and install it right on the phone. No need for a computer. I prefer ignition.fun ;)

Last edited:

HUGE AL

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
Nope. No jailbreak required. The jailbreakers are using this method to install the new JB updates in order to get around the Impactor error for now. You just download one of those apps (find with google) and then find the tweak you want and install it right on the phone. No need for a computer. I prefer ignition.fun ;)

Nice. Appreciate the help.

Installed ignition.fun

Twitter++ is stuck on Version 1.0.

Instagram++ gave me: "Unable to Download App"

Suggestions?

HUGE AL

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
You can try Tweakbox instead?

That did the trick. Although, they are stuck on v68. Perhaps THIS is a reason to use Impactor (when it works). LOL

Wondering how secure ignition.fun and Tweakbox are.

Also, does this mean the apps are signed and I don't have to do the weekly re-install?

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
That did the trick. Although, they are stuck on v68. Perhaps THIS is a reason to use Impactor (when it works). LOL

Wondering how secure ignition.fun and Tweakbox are.

Also, does this mean the apps are signed and I don't have to do the weekly re-install?
You can always check the versions on Jailbreaks.fun as well. Doesn’t hurt to see which ones are most up to date. You don’t have to use one or the other. You can load them all and decide which works best for you.

Reddit approves of jailbreaks.fun as being safe. I haven’t heard any negatives about the other two. I have Tweakbox on my iPad Pro and Ignition.fun on my iPhone and haven’t had any issues with either one.

I am JB’n on both so I only use them to update JB’s. Since I have the ReProvision tweak, it automatically resigns for me. I can’t tell you how long sideloaded apps have, but my JB installs are showing me 159 days when first applied.
[doublepost=1553069071][/doublepost]I just did a test and added Pandora++ to see how many days it is showing for resigning and it is 146 days, but they could be unsigned by Apple and revoked at any time. Then you have to load them all again.

Attachments

• 65827A4F-B670-41CC-AAA3-3501BB2FCCE2.jpeg
    65827A4F-B670-41CC-AAA3-3501BB2FCCE2.jpeg
    597.6 KB · Views: 350
  • E9E471DD-F055-4993-9926-07701F21A442.jpeg
    E9E471DD-F055-4993-9926-07701F21A442.jpeg
    630.1 KB · Views: 427

HUGE AL

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
I had the same matter. Many suggested me to use the Tweakbox and for sure, it is working much better.

Appreciate that.

You can always check the versions on Jailbreaks.fun as well. Doesn’t hurt to see which ones are most up to date. You don’t have to use one or the other. You can load them all and decide which works best for you.

Reddit approves of jailbreaks.fun as being safe. I haven’t heard any negatives about the other two. I have Tweakbox on my iPad Pro and Ignition.fun on my iPhone and haven’t had any issues with either one.

I am JB’n on both so I only use them to update JB’s. Since I have the ReProvision tweak, it automatically resigns for me. I can’t tell you how long sideloaded apps have, but my JB installs are showing me 159 days when first applied.
[doublepost=1553069071][/doublepost]I just did a test and added Pandora++ to see how many days it is showing for resigning and it is 146 days, but they could be unsigned by Apple and revoked at any time. Then you have to load them all again.

The current jailbreak is still semi-tethered, correct? Might still be worth it if the record-a-call tweak is still available. ;)

Really appreciate all your help. KNEW I should have asked on here first. Great knowledge base and direct answers! :)

HUGE AL

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
All ++ apps stopped signing today. Deleted them, then went back to ignition.fun and Tweakbox to reinstall, but ignition couldn't connect to the server. Deleted it, then went to ignition.fun to re-download the app, but was greeted with, "Unable to Download App "Ignition" could not be downloaded at this time."

Because of this, thought I'd check to see if the original way I had done it (see first post) was back to working again. Sure enough, it's all good. Only drawback is the weekly re-install for the signing. :mad:

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
All ++ apps stopped signing today. Deleted them, then went back to ignition.fun and Tweakbox to reinstall, but ignition couldn't connect to the server. Deleted it, then went to ignition.fun to re-download the app, but was greeted with, "Unable to Download App "Ignition" could not be downloaded at this time."

Because of this, thought I'd check to see if the original way I had done it (see first post) was back to working again. Sure enough, it's all good. Only drawback is the weekly re-install for the signing. :mad:

Ignition and Tweakbox got revoked. They will come back eventually, you'll just need to keep checking. I prefer using Cydia Impactor to install my Jailbreak and using ReProvison tweak to resign them.

Last edited:

HUGE AL

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
Ignition and Tweakbox got revoked. They will come back eventually, you'll just need to keep checking. I prefer using Cydia Impactor to install my Jailbreak and using ReProvison tweak to resign them.

Did everybody get revoked again? Not having luck with Impactor or any of the three others mentioned.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.