Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

judzens

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2015
Organize your work notes, schedule plans, create voice recordings, to-do lists and more.

about_1.jpg

Think of a planner but where you can have multiple journals, record audio, create tasks, sync to iCloud/ Evernote, backup to Dropbox & more.

about_2.jpg

Take note of your thoughts, actions, improvements and even to-do lists on Daily Notes.

about_3.jpg

The app is organised as a set of tabs, which acts as folders. Each tab has a page for every day. Create tabs for various aspects of your life. For each tab, you can add notes, to-do lists, voice recordings, PDFs, photos, sketches & more.

about_4.jpg

about_5.jpg

If you’re looking for a powerful combination of handwriting app, download the Ultimate Note Taking Pack that has both Daily Notes and Noteshelf. Noteshelf is the best available handwriting iPad app, making you feel as if you’re writing using a real pen and paper rather than a stylus and an iPad.

Download the Ultimate Note Taking Pack here.

Download Noteshelf here.

Download Daily Notes here.

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
True, it's a gorgeous looking app and a pleasure to navigate through.
A few colour themes to pick from, a number of fonts etc.
Evernote / iCloud sync.
What's not to like about Daily Notes?

However, my iCloud sync got completely messed up during my brief use of the app:

1. I had my DN tasks synced with Apple's Reminders. But in DN, I have these few tasks that I simply can't get rid of, no matter how I treat or flag or tag them. Worse: they get duplicated on every single time I open the app! Meanwhile, in Reminders, these tasks are not there - nor in my iCloud. Very weird...

2. When I create a task in DN with a due date and time, the time is lowered by 1 hour every single time I open it in DN. Of course, in Reminders the due time is changed as well. Not funny...

These two issues have made DN completely useless to me.

I documented both problems with an in depth screencast and sent them over to Fluid Touch.
No reply, so I sent a few more emails to remind them.
Finally, the CEO apologized: "this shouldn't happen ... we take this very seriously ... we're overwhelmed right now, but I'll make sure to follow up..."

All this was many moons ago. So is my use of Daily Notes - and my trust in Fluid Touch.
I trashed Noteshelf as well.

Sorry - I'm not a happy customer.

If someone were to tell me that my Reminders problems are in fact caused by Apple's (poorly executed) iCloud sync, I would believe it in a blink of an eye. But so far, no one did.

lexvo

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2009
The Netherlands
Dailynotes is a solid app, it was my first note taking app on the iPad.

Positives:
+ you can enter a new note quickly, less steps required than in some other apps
+ easy to use
+ nice browse function
+ good search function

However, I stopped using it because of these drawbacks (for me):
- only one level of 'directories', there are tags of course but I prefer at least one level extra of directories
- when typing, especially in landscape mode, you see very little of the text (only a few lines)
- limited choice in fonts (sizes)
- indent function is weak
- moving a note to a different directory is awkward
- no WebDav support
- "open in..." function was missing a long time

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.