Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jagolden

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2002
Unless you work for Apple or own a time machine, how can you say this? It hasn’t been released yet!

Because I’m capable of reading and looking at posts and articles.
As I said, “pretty much”.
Try some searches.

Nimoy

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2010
90% of my excitement for dark mode is about texting in bed at night and not having to squint.

boss.king

macrumors 603
Apr 8, 2009
But there's more to dark mode than saving battery - for example, not blinding yourself when you check your phone in the middle of the night.

richpjr

macrumors 68040
May 9, 2006
You can read posts all you want, until they release it, its not real.

I think most people have a general understanding of what dark mode will do and look like, even though the only thing we have seen so far is a couple of leaked screenshots that may or may not be real.

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
There is a lot of color theory surrounding dark/light mode. If implemented properly it should be great.

Reactions: gwhizkids

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
Original poster
May 16, 2015
Hello guys. Here it is, iOS 13 dark mode.
552B5AE0-9D63-448D-8518-F5465D1809BC.jpeg

I happen to have this song greyed out. See how difficult it is to read title and artist name. Not even sure Apple will tweak this part or not since it will happen regularly when using Apple music.

MacGiver

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2007
France
It is nice but should work in function of the ambient light with the light sensor. Not sure why it does not... Did I miss something? I hate not having the dark mode on during the day when I enter a darker place or room. Like when I wake up during weekends ?

Ruggy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2017
I think it's just badly implemented. I'm thinking back to a site I used to frequent back about 15 years ago which was basically shades of grey and it worked really well.
I think starting with black and then having bold, weird colours that are chosen by default doesn't really work well because some of them are impossible to see (signing in here for example the name and password are invisible).
So, give it time and I think people will eventually sort it out, but for the moment, I agree often it really is terrible.

petvas

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2006
Munich, Germany
I never understood what the fuss about having a dark mode is. It causes me immediate eye strain, and that is independent of the OS that I used with dark mode. I have difficulty focusing and reading text when dark mode is enabled. For me there is one choice, namely light mode.

Reactions: Lucas284

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I never understood what the fuss about having a dark mode is. It causes me immediate eye strain, and that is independent of the OS that I used with dark mode. I have difficulty focusing and reading text when dark mode is enabled. For me there is one choice, namely light mode.
For many others it's more or less the opposite. The good part about it all is that now there is a choice.

Reactions: IndianBird

SoYoung

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2015
The fuss is actually because of the exact opposite. For many people (me included) dark mode is way easier for the eyes. Its not just for the look, but for the easy reading.

petvas

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2006
Munich, Germany
The fuss is actually because of the exact opposite. For many people (me included) dark mode is way easier for the eyes. Its not just for the look, but for the easy reading.
According to most doctors, this is not possible. Especially for reading dark mode is not recommended. For games, videos and photos, ok. There have been many studies that prove that. Of course, if you feel that your eyes are better when using dark mode, then now you have a choice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.