Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Quackers

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
Manchester, UK
Instead of just showing the time can the date be shown also in the top bar of the home screen on iphone 4S with IOS7?
I know it's shown on the lock screen but when I'm using the phone that's gone :)
Thanks.

djtech42

macrumors 65816
Jun 23, 2012
Mason, OH
Instead of just showing the time can the date be shown also in the top bar of the home screen on iphone 4S with IOS7?
I know it's shown on the lock screen but when I'm using the phone that's gone :)
Thanks.

No, there wouldn't be enough room in the top bar to show the date, so they don't have that as an option.

Quackers

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
Manchester, UK
Thanks, I did wonder whether the time could be changed to the date as I would prefer that personally but I doubted that it was possible.
Cheers!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Short of a jailbreak tweak the best you might be able to do is use the notification center and the today tab in it to quickly check on the date if you needed to while you are on some screen or some app.

Nevaborn

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2013
No need for it. Quick swipe and as said notification centre has the date in a good sized text

Lindiwe

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2015
It absolutely is necessary and it bring on the home screen isn't enough. I needed to do a screenshot today. Having the date in the screenshot is more credible then just the time.

Someone else mentioned that wouldn't be enough room. Sure there is. The date format can be "2/8/15."

There have been plenty of times when the date may have yelped my case to be more credible when I screenshot something.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It absolutely is necessary and it bring on the home screen isn't enough. I needed to do a screenshot today. Having the date in the screenshot is more credible then just the time.

Someone else mentioned that wouldn't be enough room. Sure there is. The date format can be "2/8/15."

There have been plenty of times when the date may have yelped my case to be more credible when I screenshot something.
Considering how easy it's to manipulate pretty much anything in a screenshot or just to setup a screenshot using a simulator or some app these days should someone want to, credibility isn't really something that's really added by anything that might appear on one.

WimsicalGlassography

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2015
Considering how easy it's to manipulate pretty much anything in a screenshot or just to setup a screenshot using a simulator or some app these days should someone want to, credibility isn't really something that's really added by anything that might appear on one.
Creditably is absolutely added in my case. I do online surveys for free gift cards and sometimes they need a screenshot that includes both the date and time for proof that I completed a specific task or downloaded and installed a specific app.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Creditably is absolutely added in my case. I do online surveys for free gift cards and sometimes they need a screenshot that includes both the date and time for proof that I completed a specific task or downloaded and installed a specific app.
That doesn't address the part of what I mentioned in regards to it being rather easily to manipulate items in a screenshot if desired.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.