Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wsteineker

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2001
Montgomery, AL
Read The Linked Articles, People!

You don't see it on Dell's website because it isn't there...YET. The article linked above clearly states that phone orders of some models are currently available with web sales to begin soon. It's called reading, folks. Top to bottom, left to right. Group of words makes a sentence. Take Tylenol for any headaches, Midol for any cramps. :D

mr evil brkfast

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
This is definetely a surprise. It is great that a universal product such as the ipod is getting sold by more than Apple specific vendors- even Dell.

Maybe more Dells will ship with firewire as a result!

digital1

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2002
Wisconsin
very cool

:) I read that a few times. Man it is so weird; is like the world coming to an end yet or something. I mean COME ON! DELL SELLING APPLE ANYTHING! This should be very cool. :D :D :cool:

gotohamish

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2001
BKLN
Dude?!

People! Do we really want these people getting their mits on the beautiful iPod? Look at this pic from their home page... the 'average' Dell user puts their keyboard on top of the fruit bowl!

The mother is helping the daughter look up the words "profit" and "margin" in the dictionary. Somewhere where Apple will make more money per iPod than Dell will on some consumer PCs perhaps!:p
dim4550_8250.jpg

big

macrumors 65816
Feb 20, 2002
> I read that a few times. Man it is so weird; is like the world coming to an end yet or something.

ummm, the end of the world will come when Apple has some real power.

TMay

macrumors 68000
Dec 24, 2001
Carson City, NV
..a stab at Gateway?..

Dell is putting a little pressure on Gateway with this. A detente with Apple is just a temporary measure.

Not having the premier MP3 player is a disadvantage in Gateway's goal of selling consumer products via its retail stores. In a way, Apple and Dell are "colluding" to accelerate Gateway's downfall.

Gateway made a mistake with the iMac comparison ad.

railthinner

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2002
Apple has for a long time had HP scanners and cameras on their site--Ya know the company that sells the "e pcs." I don't this as being a lot different. I'm sure if Dell decided to get into the mp3 player market they'd dump the ipod and if Apple makes an icam, we'll see some things fly off of their pages. As it stands Dell is not only boosting Apple, but themselves by letting their potential customers know that their computers work with the worlds finest mp3 player. right? maybe

spinner

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2002
South Dakota
I have sent an email to my manager here at Gateway with a link to that article to see if we can get iPods to keep up with Dell. I will be interested to see what they say. "Ah... well ...hmmm... maybe if we hadn't run those ads bashing the iMac... damn."

Guess maybe you should be careful who you go around trashing on TV. :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.