Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

patent10021

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 23, 2004
In the Developer Account Summary you cannot change the address or any info in that area. You have to contact Apple, wait for a business day and jump through the hoops still.

WTF?

It's an address change.

AppSwage

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2015
As a brief, humorous, but related story. When I switched from an individual to a company account I had to get a DUNS number from Dunn & Bradstreet, create my LLC with the local government, and get an EIN from the federal government. ALL of those were faster than the Apple portion which was simply to deliver them all of the above. So in the end I am not at all surprised by the hoops to get an address changed. When two governmental agencies are faster than Apple, there is no hope.

patent10021

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 23, 2004
As a brief, humorous, but related story. When I switched from an individual to a company account I had to get a DUNS number from Dunn & Bradstreet, create my LLC with the local government, and get an EIN from the federal government. ALL of those were faster than the Apple portion which was simply to deliver them all of the above. So in the end I am not at all surprised by the hoops to get an address changed. When two governmental agencies are faster than Apple, there is no hope.
lol Jesus H C.

And to top it off if it's an individual account it's 99% likely to be the same address as the one your Apple ID is using since you use your credit card with it etc. So actually what should have been an auto-update in the first place isn't and has a 3 year old address.

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
Apple checks the address data on some or all accounts during enrollment (sometimes even asking for faxed IDs and passports). They likely want the opportunity to check again on any name or address changes to reduce fraudulent account info due to fraudulent changes.

See the Google Play store for examples of malware apps submitted by hard-to-track entities. Google also allows more simple address changes by each user. Could the two be related?

In which store are customers more confident? (And thus typically spend more?)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.