Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MaloCS

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 11, 2011
Hello. I have a question concerning Bluetooth output from iOS7. Is it possible to have different eq settings dependent upon the Bluetooth device being used? For example, when I connect my Bluetooth headphones I would like iOS7 to automatically set the eq to "Rock" but when I connect my car stereo I would like iOS7 to automatically set the eq to "off" or "flat". Is this possible?

Thanks. :)

Vince

Last edited:

iolinux333

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2014
I've been crying for some form of improved EQ settings since the day I picked up my iPhone. To date, as far as I can tell, you are the only other person on earth who has even vague interest in this.

MaloCS

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 11, 2011
I've been crying for some form of improved EQ settings since the day I picked up my iPhone. To date, as far as I can tell, you are the only other person on earth who has even vague interest in this.

:p Ha! I get that alot. :D

In fact, my wife always tells me I'm a difficult user because I expect simple features like unique EQ settings based upon which bluetooth device is connected to be available. It would be such a simple "if/then" type of code statement it boggles my mind that a feature like this is not implemented.

With the wide range of bluetooth audio devices in existence it makes sense that each audio product might need unique settings to extract the best sound possible from that product. Hell, I would settle for a toggle button in control center like the existing bluetooth and wifi buttons. For example, we could set the type of EQ we desire in Settings and using an EQ toggle button in control center, turn the EQ on or off quickly and easily.

iolinux333

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2014
:p Ha! I get that alot. :D

In fact, my wife always tells me I'm a difficult user because I expect simple features like unique EQ settings based upon which bluetooth device is connected to be available. It would be such a simple "if/then" type of code statement it boggles my mind that a feature like this is not implemented.

With the wide range of bluetooth audio devices in existence it makes sense that each audio product might need unique settings to extract the best sound possible from that product. Hell, I would settle for a toggle button in control center like the existing bluetooth and wifi buttons. For example, we could set the type of EQ we desire in Settings and using an EQ toggle button in control center, turn the EQ on or off quickly and easily.

I've wanted something a little different: a graphic EQ that works globally against all audio output, and I can save my presets to switch instantly depending on what speakers happened to be connected whether wired or wireless. I did that on android for 3 years and on Windows Mobile for years before that. My listening experience has taken a huge downgrade with iOS.

kennethdale

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2018
Hello. I have a question concerning Bluetooth output from iOS7. Is it possible to have different eq settings dependent upon the Bluetooth device being used? For example, when I connect my Bluetooth headphones I would like iOS7 to automatically set the eq to "Rock" but when I connect my car stereo I would like iOS7 to automatically set the eq to "off" or "flat". Is this possible?

Thanks. :)

Vince

Indeed it is. I no longer am using my Sennheiser's but I still use CapTune for this very reason!
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/captune/id967958634

Trod

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2018
I'm using Apple Music and I hope that someday Apple will rise the bitrate to 320 or more. I noticed that I can use the EQ settings in my iPhone7 via bluetooth but for some reason I can't use Late Night. All the other settings work great but that one. Any ideas? Also, I use Late Night via USB but it's not as sharp. Bluetooth sounds way better. Is this normal?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.