Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Whitebun

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2013
I also had the same problem but both my gf and i use samsung galaxy. and we are from singapore...

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
This thread is full of shenanigans...
They can be shopped or they use an app to change the msj.
/end thread/

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
There are well known message glitches with Android phones, it happens quite frequently. There was a pretty big stink being made about it, when the HTC Evo came out years ago, but then people were posting that it also occurred with other Android phones.

It happened to me several times, when I used my Evo and to a good friend of mine that also had one.

While I believe some of this could have been created, just as some others, if someone has a legitimate problem, they need to be looking at the other phones or their carrier to see where the problem lies. it is obviously not an iPhone issue, since these aren't iMessages.

jtouchable

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2013
Same thing just happened to me. Caused me and my girlfriend to fight. The message I received was her saying I was immature and that she didn't wanna be with me so I flipped out and she asked me why and I said because you called me immature and told me you didn't wanna be with me and she asked me if I was on crack and sent me a screenshot. And then she called me asking if I was okay. And I screenshotted mine and sent it to her and my mind is still like "the **** just happened" and I'm really freaked out. It had some of the things she said in it but it got rid of some and changed some. I have a my touch 4 Gen from tmobile. And she has some new android I can't remember I asked her but she fell asleep so if anyone really wants to know I can tell you tomorrow. Also if you don't believe me I have both our screenshots.

tr3online

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2013
This is absolutely not BS/Shenanigans. It has happened to me four times between my girlfriend and I within the last three months (probably more, but that's how many we caught). The beginning of messages is always fine and the ending or middle changes depending on length. Some times the part that is changed resembles I message I sent days or weeks prior. Emojis are also changed and sometimes randomly interjected. Does anyone have any info on this?

I'm on an iPhone 5, she is on a Nokia android.

----------

bA44bFQ.jpg

This is what just happened. The others have been worse. Obviously I Photoshoped all of this in 8 minutes.

Hankcah

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2010
This is absolutely not BS/Shenanigans. It has happened to me four times between my girlfriend and I within the last three months (probably more, but that's how many we caught). The beginning of messages is always fine and the ending or middle changes depending on length. Some times the part that is changed resembles I message I sent days or weeks prior. Emojis are also changed and sometimes randomly interjected. Does anyone have any info on this?

I'm on an iPhone 5, she is on a Nokia android.

----------

This is what just happened. The others have been worse. Obviously I Photoshoped all of this in 8 minutes.

Blame it on the Nokia Android.

mculleton

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2013
It just happened to me--no BS

I was calling BS on this whole "text received vs text sent" issue... until today. I typed a simple text to my wife, (THINGS ARE FINE between us!!) --telling her I had to practice for my role in a Christmas play tonight, and somehow, from my iPhone 5 to her Android HTC plus phone, there was a complete sentence added at the end of my typed text to the effect that I wanted a divorce and was looking into how much i would get from a judge! INSANE, and caused my wife to burst into tears, even after I showed her ON MY PHONE that I never typed what her phone was displaying! (And I never have typed those words to her!)

Come on, someone who understands the techie side of this--it's serious when it's affecting people's lives in this way. We've been married for 30 years, and things are fine, but you can imagine how that hit her, even after I showed her my phone and the actual text I sent!!

E2EK1EL

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2012
I thought the OP was crazy, until I read the entire thread and saw all the screenshots.

I would port off Verizon ASAP if that happened to me and the GF.

LizFromElgin

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2014
The first text a I sent from my iPhone 5 after I downloaded ios8 was received by my husband's iPhone 5 in a new text conversation. This second new conversation was under my contact name but it included random texts and pics from older conversations. My text was preceded by a May 1st pic, then an Apr 27 text, etc. And the pic that popped up in this second conversation had been deleted from my husband' phone and I do not have it saved in my photos. Anyone have any idea what happened?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
The first text a I sent from my iPhone 5 after I downloaded ios8 was received by my husband's iPhone 5 in a new text conversation. This second new conversation was under my contact name but it included random texts and pics from older conversations. My text was preceded by a May 1st pic, then an Apr 27 text, etc. And the pic that popped up in this second conversation had been deleted from my husband' phone and I do not have it saved in my photos. Anyone have any idea what happened?
Check your iMessage send & receive settings to see what is there for your emails and numbers where you can be reached and where you would start conversations from to make sure everything is right there.

cmbshaw

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2014
Thank goodness I found a thread on this. Just in the past 2 weeks my texts messages have been changed!!! My husband and I both have the Note 2 I have Verizon and he has AT&T through his work. It seems anytime I type out a lengthy message it gets changed into some weird stuff?? Just tonight we were texting andmy text was changed into some pretty vulgar things. We got into a pointless argument..and it's happened 2 other times! I could understand maybe a word or 2 but it freakin adds sentences of crap i didn't send. We have also done screen shots so i can prove to him I'm not talking crazy..seriously i think somebody is jackin with us but how? There's no way anyone has access to either phones. Especially at the time we are texting?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Thank goodness I found a thread on this. Just in the past 2 weeks my texts messages have been changed!!! My husband and I both have the Note 2 I have Verizon and he has AT&T through his work. It seems anytime I type out a lengthy message it gets changed into some weird stuff?? Just tonight we were texting andmy text was changed into some pretty vulgar things. We got into a pointless argument..and it's happened 2 other times! I could understand maybe a word or 2 but it freakin adds sentences of crap i didn't send. We have also done screen shots so i can prove to him I'm not talking crazy..seriously i think somebody is jackin with us but how? There's no way anyone has access to either phones. Especially at the time we are texting?
Well, with Android phones there are more and different possibilities than with iPhones.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Ok..your not really helping because I don't have an iPhone. ?
Not that people aren't helping, but this is a forum with discussions related to iOS (and iOS 6 in particular in this forum) so most of what people talk about might not be applicable to the phones you have because people are talking about iOS.

There could be more in play with Android phones that might not be surfaced here. It could be something on the carrier side. You can basically see where the discussion of those aspects went so far in this thread.

Last edited:

iphone mystery

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2014
This just happened to me!! I can't even believe I found this thread and that it has happened to other people. I texted my Dad, and the message he received was half what I wrote and half not. It confused us so much… I am going to try and post my screenshot and the pictures my mom then sent of his phone. For what it's worth, I have an iPhone 5 and he has an Android. We both use Verizon.

iphone mystery

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2014
After he said "well that stinks" I texted my mom (who is with him) because I thought he was saying my party location stinks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 893

iphone mystery

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2014
And my mom said "dad just showed me your text where you said someone charged $7000 to your credit card????" and I said "I never sent that text? That is so weird!!! Send me a picture!!" He just told me to see above. So I asked her to use her phone to take a picture of his.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.