Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Grandad1933

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2017
I am just telling you what happened and screen shot. My texts messages and times are exact same right after that. Believe what you want dude.

Verizon offered to send me a new IPHONE 4 and tech girl on the phone said based on privacy laws can not look at the actual text message. I would have to get a lawyer to get those records. I am going to write a letter to verizon and apple.
[doublepost=1501044210][/doublepost] This is what my daughter recieved this morning from me at work told her i got o days off and the next text is what i sent not the one posted first.
[doublepost=1501044256][/doublepost]
[doublepost=1501044210][/doublepost] This is what my daughter recieved this morning from me at work told her i got o days off and the next text is what i sent not the one posted first.
[doublepost=1501044323][/doublepost]
[doublepost=1501044256][/doublepost]
Its weird my text but the rest at the end isnt!!.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-07-26-05-40-33.png
    Screenshot_2017-07-26-05-40-33.png
    316.1 KB · Views: 913
  • Screenshot_2017-07-26-05-40-28.png
    Screenshot_2017-07-26-05-40-28.png
    319.3 KB · Views: 548

Lillian Foxx

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2017
I am a Verizon Wireless customer and have IPHONE4 and on February 24 2013, I sent a text message to my girl friend. The text message I sent her was completely different than the text message she received , which caused us to get into a big argument , and put some unnecessary stress in both our lives; Ruined our plans on the 24th because she thought my message was meant for another person. I do not blame her , because it made me look shady. I called Verizon and they could not explain what happened. Offered no compensation and really did not care. This is the 2nd time this happened to me and first time , I just let it go but now I am irate. Any assistance or advice would be appreciated. I attached screen shots that I sent them as proof.
[doublepost=1507119276][/doublepost]So this has been happening to me for past few months too. Have been receiving messages from an iPhone to my Google phone. Some aren't even remotely close. And we have been screen shot to each other what is on our phones

CaliGirl1966

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2017
[doublepost=1507119276][/doublepost]So this has been happening to me for past few months too. Have been receiving messages from an iPhone to my Google phone. Some aren't even remotely close. And we have been screen shot to each other what is on our phones
[doublepost=1509725016][/doublepost]This happened to me yesterday. The top one is the text that I sent to my boyfriend and the bottom is what he received which he showed me on his phone and then resent back to me so I could compare. I was with him when he did it and saw it on his phone so I know it's accurate. Not sure how/why this happened but I'd sure like to find out!

Attachments

• weirdText.jpg
    weirdText.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 482

Smcca09

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2018
I am a Verizon Wireless customer and have IPHONE4 and on February 24 2013, I sent a text message to my girl friend. The text message I sent her was completely different than the text message she received , which caused us to get into a big argument , and put some unnecessary stress in both our lives; Ruined our plans on the 24th because she thought my message was meant for another person. I do not blame her , because it made me look shady. I called Verizon and they could not explain what happened. Offered no compensation and really did not care. This is the 2nd time this happened to me and first time , I just let it go but now I am irate. Any assistance or advice would be appreciated. I attached screen shots that I sent them as proof.
[doublepost=1520465463][/doublepost]I'm having the same problem with my phone and my boyfriend's phone. Somehow my text got edited between me sending it and him receiving it.. is my phone or his jacked or something?? Seriously freaked out. We both have Samsung phones

Suspended
Apr 13, 2018
Am I glad others have had this issue.
I’m an software engineer but haven’t worked it out yet.
In all of the examples I’ve seen the second section of the text is replaced with the second section of a text you sent months before.
If I work anything else out I’ll post it here.

Last edited by a moderator:

ihaveproof

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2018
well as you have proof that you didn't send a txt saying that, it isn't your problem.

personally, i don't believe it.
believe it.
i have proof, this same thing happened to me! literally just now! i have an i phone se.
[doublepost=1540676135][/doublepost]
Am I glad others have had this issue.
I’m an software engineer but haven’t worked it out yet.
In all of the examples I’ve seen the second section of the text is replaced with the second section of a text you sent months before.
If I work anything else out I’ll post it here.
Nice, you are right! i didnt notice that before. also i am a mechanical engineer. glad to see our degrees mean something lol.

Attachments

• Hers.PNG
    Hers.PNG
    107.4 KB · Views: 442
  • Mine.PNG
    Mine.PNG
    149 KB · Views: 401

JillinFL

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2018
I’ve had this happen to me at least twice now, I am using iPhone XS Max On Verizon, my messages are being changed luckily they are usually so hard to understand the receiver is asking me about it. Receiver is using older android phone On t-mobile . I would really like to have this issue resolved so it doesn’t cause any issues in the future! The first time it definitely had a text from my prior text, Second time was pretty discombobulated didn’t see much rhyme or reason to it... Has anyone figured out a way to resolve this issue? Or which end it’s being caused from?

Witkowski

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2019
I'm not sure if this is iOS6 related, as it wasn't an iMessage, but thought this was still the best place to post. I have an iPhone 5 and recently sent the following text to someone:

"You finishing off that white chocolate today, or is that all gone? x"

Although I have proof that this is the message that was sent in my inbox, the person said they received the following:

"You finishi've seen the woman actually naked. Ha ha. X"

I thought it could have been some autocorrect thing, but the first message is what appears in my conversation history. As you can imagine, the second text almost got me in trouble when I'm completely innocent! Ha. I have no recollection of ever sending "I've seen the woman actually naked. Ha ha. X" previously, but can't be certain! :)

Any comments appreciated.
[doublepost=1548950196][/doublepost]I just had a similar event and my phone is a Samsung s9. How is this possible?
I sent I will let you be so you're not texting and driving.
He received I will let you go so you're ns point and best to never talk again.

Suzie007

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2019
HELP!!!

This just happened to me! My boyfriend thinks I'm a liar now and nothing that I've tried all day is making him think otherwise.

I sent him text messages explaining what Slut Walk is, about the police chief in Toronto and politicians who made anti-woman statements and why the movement started. What he got was a message about honking and "wooing" and someone setting stuff on fire, and at the end of the message it said "because there was trukt walk" with a smiley face.

He is convinced I meant to send it to someone else, BUT I NEVER EVEN TYPED THAT TO ANYONE EVER.

He received it at 1:03, but my message history says that nothing was sent at 1:03. It says I didn't send anything between 11:57 am and 3:15 PM. Text message histories cannot be tampered with. I can't change them on my files, Verizon can't change them.

I don't know what to do or how to explain this to him or get him to believe that I'm not lying. What do I do?!
Same thing happened to me :( I cant explain it or try and prove it either and i cant seem to find any answers to why phones have done this :( it almost cost us a break up and it just baffles me how this is even happening!!! still looking for answers

Suzie007

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2019
Ive just had this happen to me twice now in a matter of weeks :(
the second half of my text message to my boyfriend was changed and he thought the message was for someone else and it caused us to almost break up over it! we both sent each other screen shots of the conversation, and although you can clearly see what I sent and what he recieved... how the hell do you prove there is something weird going on... Ive searched everywhere trying to find an answer or an explanation. I have an Iphone and he has an Android
I feel a bit better after reading Im not the only one who this has happened too. Im too scared to text these days :(

Harrow49

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2019
So yeah me and my girl friend has the exact same experience she has an iPhone 5 and I have an iPhone 8.

So here’s the messages

DE81F4F7-6FEC-4942-9425-3FAA8F6A19E5.png

itisiyoyo1

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2021
You guys don't know the half of it. This problem ruined my marriage. It's been happening to me for over a year now and I only caught it a few months ago and realized what was going on. The phone I'm using now I've had it since March of 2020, and I found messages that were rewritten partially or completely. So I don't know if the same problem was going on with my old phone or not because I reset it and erased everything. This is very nerve wracking because like I said it really destroyed my marriage. Below are screenshots from my phone of a conversation my wife and I had this morning.

kumar0raja

Suspended
Mar 25, 2021
I've had something similar happen to me in which the iMessage I sent out and the one received were not the same.

Ken3561

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2021
I have an Samsung phone, and my partner an iPhone. It was about a year ago, so I can't recall the context of my message to her at the time. However I arrived home and asked why she hadn't replied to my text. She showed me a text which was an accurate English sentence, but made no relevant sense to either of us. I showed her my sent message which had at least 3 words completely different to what she received. Fortunately it wasn't contentious, rude or insulting ( hence no memory of content ) but we frequently laugh when I DO make a typo or predictive text mistake of our weird word swap text.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.