Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

icloudUser

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 20, 2019
When I put them back in the case they remain connected to the phone. Battery widget shows them connected.

As a result, they do not charge while still in the case.

Using the dumb control panel toggle for BT does not help - they are still shown as connected. Switching off BT from settings works and they get disconnected.

I see this behavior a lot in my set up (ios 13.2.3 and latest APP firmware) but not always.

Anyone else seeing this? I got caught out with one of buds running out of battery even though they were in the case but did not charge.

icloudUser

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 20, 2019
Nope its out of return period.
There's still the warranty and AC+
I will observe it for a few more days and then ring Apple.

eagleglen

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I think all the AirPods, not just the Pros, have had instances where one does not properly “dock” when placed in the case, thereby remaining connected to the phone. Removing it and reinserting sometimes solves the problem. Sometimes cleaning the stem of the AirPod or the inside of the case helps. But, TBH, most times it solves itself. Fortunately, if a pod isn’t changed when I reach for it, it only takes a few minutes to change and use as normal. It’s usually not a persistent problem, but if it was, I’d speak to Apple.

Reactions: icloudUser

icloudUser

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 20, 2019
I should check the gen 2 to see if they are the same. I use them while indoors only as the fit or lack of it is just marvelous.

icloudUser

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 20, 2019
so today the right earbud refused to disconnect from the phone until the battery on it was reduced to 17%.
So from the phone's BT menu i removed it by using the forget option.
Tried to reset it using the button on the case. the light never turned amber
So now they wont reset and not connect to the phone either.

Anyone seen similar issue?

icloudUser

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 20, 2019
update:
spoke to Apple CC --Tech support and they are sending replacement.
they wont reset or connect.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.