Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BootLoxes

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 15, 2019
I have really been considering starting to make the jump from lightning and make all my devices usbc. I want to update my iphone7 next year and want to get the next ipad pro. It would just suck to have to hold onto lightning.

Even keeping it a pro only thing would be nice

gxxr

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2019
Who knows. It would definitely make sense. It's one of the reasons I don't have an iPhone. If we're already stripping the MBP of all other ports, then I want usb-c connectors only, for everything.
But then again - it would've made sense for the current generation as well. And it's Apple.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I have really been considering starting to make the jump from lightning and make all my devices usbc. I want to update my iphone7 next year and want to get the next ipad pro. It would just suck to have to hold onto lightning.

Even keeping it a pro only thing would be nice
Seems like this type of thread has been around pretty much every year for the last few years, and after all discussions it seems that no one would really know much one way or another, given that speculations all over the place have been posted, and so far Lightning is still being used.

Puppuccino

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2019
United Kingdom
I won't be getting a 2020 iPhone, but I hope iPhones stick with Lightening for as long as possible (if not forever) because I can't be doing with having different types of cables for various Apple products.

Stick with one thing and have done with it, I say.

Reactions: jimmy_uk

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
I do hope companies like Apple make a serious effort to move towards USB C...

BootLoxes

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 15, 2019
I won't be getting a 2020 iPhone, but I hope iPhones stick with Lightening for as long as possible (if not forever) because I can't be doing with having different types of cables for various Apple products.

Stick with one thing and have done with it, I say.
They pretty much moved everything except the phone to usbc. If they stick with 1 thing then it should be that and not lightning

Puppuccino

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2019
United Kingdom
They pretty much moved everything except the phone to usbc. If they stick with 1 thing then it should be that and not lightning

Non-Pro iPads don't have USB-C connections. It's not just iPhones.

If they moved iPhones to USB-C it would cause a lot of issues for the average consumer having to get new cables or adaptors for them.

BootLoxes

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 15, 2019

If they moved iPhones to USB-C it would cause a lot of issues for the average consumer having to get new cables or adaptors for them.

That didnt stop them with the current series of macbooks

Reactions: secretk

Calebtt

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2012
9678f68fca9c76bba60953446c14ae56.jpg

Magic 8 ball says yes.

Reactions: revmacian and xxray

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
Doubt it. They just started putting lighting-to-USB in boxes. Apple makes too much money on lightning to switch away from it. Think about it. Every single certified charger sold, they make money off of it.

Reactions: Ladyc0524

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Lightning is still too much relevant at this point. Look at the other products that utilizes lightning,(I.e. the AirPods, the iPod, some iPad models, ect.)

Not to mention, the third-party market with lightning is massive, ultimately it will be phased out, but that’s just not at this current point in time.

PEVO

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2019

Probably only Pro iPhones will get the USB-C connection

BootLoxes

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 15, 2019
Probably only Pro iPhones will get the USB-C connection
Id get a pro just for it. Getting the 2020 ipad pro too because i need that higher resolution video output. Lightning to hdmi looks awful

PEVO

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2019
Id get a pro just for it. Getting the 2020 ipad pro too because i need that higher resolution video output. Lightning to hdmi looks awful

The iPadOS needs not only a better screen mirroring, but also the option to extend the workspace

BootLoxes

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 15, 2019
The iPadOS needs not only a better screen mirroring, but also the option to extend the workspace
I expect extending to come in the future, but the current pros output 4k and look amazing. I give presentations daily at work and sometimes we use a 70" 4k screen when presenting.

My air 3 can only mirror at 720p due to lightning limitations and it looks terrible on such a large screen.

BootLoxes

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 15, 2019
Most of us want to have good income but don't know how to do that on Internet there are a lot of methods to earn huge sum, but whenever Buddies try that they get trapped in a scam/fraud so I thought to share with you a genuine and guaranteed method for free to earn huge sum of money at home anyone of you interested should visit the page. I am more than sure that you will get best result best Of Luck for new Initiative...Here For MORE INFO PLEASE just COPY AND PASTE this SITE..............www.v88.ca/3cv2
Begone bot!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.