Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
USA
I know it's big, bulky, and heavy but the superior grip makes it usable IMO.

I'm thinking about it using it as my full time case instead my Apple clear case.

Reactions: compwiz1202

tonybarnaby

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2017
If you don't need the extra battery on a daily basis I wouldn't do it. The case will absolutely cause your internal battery to run hotter than usual, plus it will be at 100% charge for most of its life.

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
USA
If you don't need the extra battery on a daily basis I wouldn't do it. The case will absolutely cause your internal battery to run hotter than usual, plus it will be at 100% charge for most of its life.

well a guy on YouTube did it and he said it got like 3 days without charging.

I’ll probably upgrade in a year anyway.....

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
USA
No its fat, heavy, dust magnet, ugly and grimy silicone.

Heavy but the rest of that is either untrue for me or an opinion.

It looks just fine. Dust magnet? grimy? Mines doing fine. But I don't eat raising canes while using it so...

chanerz

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2010
11 pro max battery alone is great. Unless you’re on the phone every minute.

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
If you want a case merely for ‘size’ and comfort of a size in the hand, maybe an OtterBox type case would be best, no?

I'm thinking about it using it as my full time case instead my Apple clear case.

Chrisjmv

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2016

Isn’t it meant to be that the case save the internal battery especially that It won’t get hotter (somewhere I read)???

Caesars

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2013
I use the smart battery case full time and wouldn't think of ever going back. The leather wallet case was great but the form factor and never thinking about the battery is a major plus.

Reactions: V_Man

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010

I did with my XS Max. Haven't felt a need to get one for my 11PM yet. I also love the grip of it. The only issue I had was with it inconsistently charging but I just bent the connector back a little like stated on a thread here, and it was fixed. I was still at 97% battery health after a year.

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal

I received mine like 2 weeks ago and I haven't removed it yet. I initially planned on using it occasionally when I knew I would be taking photos or videos. But I like the look and feel of it. Love how easy it is to insert and remove the phone from it. I wish other cases were easy like this.

mtcislak

macrumors regular
May 30, 2019
I always started my day with my xs max battery case. Around 5 when it died I switched to a apple leather case. Since owning the 11 pro max I just haven’t fount the need for the new case. I did vacation in Disney taking pictures of my children and at the end of a long day was still left with 60 percent. I enjoy having a slimmer case for day to day use now

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
Finally got the black. I actually like the heft and feel of it. Hopefully it doesn't warp like the XS Max one did and charge inconsistently.

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
mine now acts weirdly. whenever i press down on the end near the lightning port it beeps like i just plugged in my phone. so when i’m taking it out of my pocket or putting it in, i hear the beep and the screen turns on showing i initiated charging.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.