Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TRDmanAE86

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2015
New England
I'm asking if you have a iPad 4 because I've been reading up regarding downgrading various devices. To my understanding, the x86 architecture are easier to downgrade than x64 architecture.

Supposedly, the iPad 4 is x86 architecture and, through jailbreaking you can downgrade to any compatible iOS version given to that device even if apple no longer signs it and/or you lost your SHSH blobs.

mcalict

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2013
I was looking at a used one in nice shape. They claimed it had "the latest iOS" but you never know what that really means unless you can get your hands on it. It obviously was =>7 because of the look of the icons.

Thanks for the responses.

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68030
Sep 9, 2017
If you're trying to downgrade iOS 11 to iOS 6, it's sadly not possible. They stopped signing iOS 6 long ago.

mcalict

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2013
If you're trying to downgrade iOS 11 to iOS 6, it's sadly not possible. They stopped signing iOS 6 long ago.
There are threads here where people have downgraded when Apple 'accidentally' re-opened a window and allowed signings again. I know in general it is not possible.

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68030
Sep 9, 2017
There are threads here where people have downgraded when Apple 'accidentally' re-opened a window and allowed signings again. I know in general it is not possible.
Well yes the only way to downgrade it would be if Apple signed all the OS's again.

TRDmanAE86

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2015
New England
I stand corrected. As it turns out, I don't think the iPad 4 can be manupulated to downgrade to iOS 6 via jailbreak without it being signed or, having the SHSH blobs. I misread the article saying you needed your SHSH blobs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.