Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

umbilical

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 3, 2008
FL, USA
I download Mojave from app store to create an usb bootable key... but is just 25GB (is an installer) but I need download the full 6GB to later create the bootable usb key.

I do that many times in the past and always I download the full thing around 6GB, they change something?

0hr9cl5.png

CoastalOR

macrumors 68040
Jan 19, 2015
Oregon, USA
I download Mojave from app store to create an usb bootable key... but is just 25GB (is an installer) but I need download the full 6GB to later create the bootable usb key.

I do that many times in the past and always I download the full thing around 6GB, they change something?
Yes, that is called a stub file and that sometimes happens since High Sierra. It is hit or miss whether it downloads the full installer or not. It can take multiple tries. Here is a thread from the Mojave forum discussing downloading the full installer:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/mojave-10-14-6-full-6-04gb-installer.2190865/

imasterus

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2013

From which MacOS have you been trying to download Mojave?

cdcastillo

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2007
The cesspit of civilization
Sorry for hicjacking, but it seems Mojave is not longer available to download from the mac app store.

I just got a new SSD for my 2015 13 inch MBP, and DO NOT WANT to upgrade to Catalina since it would seriously disrupt my workflow. Fixing that would be really expensive.

Is there a way to install the new SSD blade and make the mac format it and install mojave on it? Or is my only option to clone my boot drive to the new one?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.